Terms and Conditions
1. About our website terms
1.1 These website terms explain how you may use our website and/ or its content as provided to you by SANE (we, us or our).
1.2 By using our website you agree to be bound by these website terms. If you do not agree with any of these website terms, you should stop using our website immediately.
1.3 If you order any goods, services or digital content from our website, separate terms and conditions will apply.
1.4 If you would like these website terms in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille), please contact us.
2. Using the website
2.1 Our website is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
2.2 You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of our website.
2.3 We make no promise that the website is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the UK. If you choose to access the website from locations outside the UK, you acknowledge you do so at your own initiative and as a condition of your use of our website, you agree not to:
- 2.3.1 misuse or disrupt the website by knowingly introducing material which is malicious or technologically harmful, or
- 2.3.2 attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website.
2.4 We may prevent or suspend your access to the website if you do not comply with these website terms.
3. Your privacy and personal information
4. Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
4.1 The intellectual property rights in the website and in any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or accessible from the website are owned by us and our licensors.
4.2 We and our licensors reserve all our intellectual property rights (including all copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and are free to use them as we see fit.
4.3 Nothing in these website terms grants you any legal rights in the website other than as necessary for you to access it. You agree not to adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on our website or any of its content (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the website or its content.
4.4 In particular the SANE name and logo are registered trademarks. Any use or copying of these trademarks is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
5. Accuracy of information and availability of the website
5.1 We try to make sure that the website is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, but we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the website will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the website is at your own risk.
5.2 We may suspend or terminate access or operation of the website at any time as we see fit.
5.3 Our website content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our charitable activities, news, general support, services and other websites that may be of interest. It has not been tailored to your specific requirements or circumstances.
5.4 While we try to make sure that the website is available for your use, we do not promise that the website will be available at all times or that your use of the website will be uninterrupted.
6. Hyperlinks and third party websites
The website may contain hyperlinks or references to other websites. Any hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them.
7. Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any loss because you use this site.
8. Changes to these website terms
We reserve the right to vary these website terms from time to time. Our updated terms will be displayed on the website and by continuing to use and access the website, you agree to be bound by any changes made by us.
Text to Donate
Text to donate is a quick and easy way to donate to SANE.
All of our text-based fundraising is supported by Donr. Donr is a fully registered UK company, regulated by both the Phone-Paid Services Authority and the Fundraising Regulator, as well as being registered with the Institute of Fundraising.
More information can be found at donr.com/knowledge/for-supporters
How much does sending a text donation cost?
Texts will cost the donation amount plus one standard network rate message. When you text, you’ll be opting into hearing more from SANE. If you don’t wish to hear more from us, please text SANENOINFO instead.
Where can I send text donations from?
You can donate from a UK mobile that is enabled for shortlink SMS messaging. You cannot donate using this service from the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges.
Can I give Gift Aid along with my text donation?
Yes! By giving Gift Aid you will boost your donation by 25% with no extra cost to you. After donating via text you will receive a thank you text confirming your donation has been successful and you will have the option to make a Gift Aid declaration via a link. Follow the link and complete the relevant details.
For more information on Donr’s Gift Aid process, please go to donr.com/knowledge/for-supporters#my-gift-aid-declarations
Can I give regular donations via text?
Yes, you can give both one-off and regular donations to SANE via text. After donating via text you will receive a thank you text confirming your donation has been successful. You will also receive a follow-up text asking if you would like to upgrade your gift to a monthly donation. To confirm, just reply to this message with YES.
To cancel a monthly donation set up via text message, please text STOP to 70085.
For more information on regular donations, including how to amend or cancel your donation, please go to donr.com/knowledge/for-supporters#my-regular-donations
How we use your personal information Your privacy is important to SANE, please read our privacy notice which sets out how we use and protect any information that you give to us.
How do I opt out of future texts from SANE?
If you would like to donate but don’t wish to hear more from us, please add NOINFO after the relevant keyword, for example:
- Text SANENOINFO [your amount] to 70470 donate but opt-out of further contact
- Text PINBADGENOINFO to 70470 to donate £5 but opt-out of further contact
- Text WRISTBANDNOINFO to 70470 to donate £5 but opt-out of further contact
Adding NOINFO after any text giving keyword used by SANE will allow you to opt-out of any further contact from us.
How to contact us
If you would like more information about SANE’s text giving please contact us at email@example.com or call 0203 805 1790.
General terms and conditions
- When you donate via SMS to SANE, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates).
- Please ensure you spell the keyword carefully and send your text message to the correct shortcode.
- If your keyword and short code are valid, you will be charged the donation amount when you receive the bounce-back message – this cost will be applied directly to your mobile phone bill. It may take some time for you to receive a bounce-back message. Please wait until you receive it. Any repeat texts will result in repeat donations.
- If your keyword or short code is invalid, you may not receive a bounce-back but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be charged the donation as you will not be donating to SANE.
- All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to send a text donation to us.
- You may be contacted further to confirm your details and if your donation is eligible for Gift Aid.