SANEline Support Officer
We have an exciting opportunity within a growing service for a Support Officer to deliver emotional support through calls, emails, and other means to people affected by mental illness, and to work alongside and mentor our skilled volunteers.
You will support people with a range of mental health-related needs, working in a
high-quality service, providing written and verbal support to people asking for help.
As Support Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering support through calls, emails, and texts to anyone affected by mental illness
- Creating a safe and supportive team environment with volunteers
- Debriefing volunteers on their work with callers
- Working as part of a team to build understanding and use your knowledge and experience to ensure our callers are effectively supported
You will have experience of:
- Working to support people with a range of mental health related needs
- Being in a service with volunteers at the heart of delivery where you have supported volunteers to deliver a high-quality service
- Providing high-quality written and verbal support to people asking for help
The successful candidate will:
- Be a compassionate, empathetic person who has a friendly and warm nature
- Work with distressing and challenging content, support callers with complex needs and ensure self-care
- Have good general knowledge of the mental health system, access, treatment and common relevant legislation and awareness of available support structures for people with mental illnesses and carers
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
Please complete the application form telling us how your experience and skills meet the person specification and why you want to work for SANE, and return to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date, quoting ‘Support Officer’ in the subject line.
Please note: This role may close early if a suitable candidate is found, please do not delay in submitting your application as interviews are taking place on an ongoing basis.
Closing Date: 9am on Wednesday, 18 May 2022.
We are also interested in hearing from people interested in different hours, or bank work, in particular those with counselling or therapy qualifications – please complete the application form, making it clear of your interest, or email Fiona at email@example.com to arrange an initial discussion.