Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Could she be ill?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
nayla

Could she be ill?

Postby nayla » Tue May 25, 2021 1:15 pm

Hello, I need some advice please. My grandson is in a relationship with a young lady and has been for a good few years. She lived with him, in his parents' home for several years, where she was treated like a daughter and part of the extended family. My grandson and the young lady had an up down relationship, but they were happy. Last year she became pregnant, and we were all very excited in preparation for the birth, but everything went downhill from there. She turned on my daughter and son-in-law, saying they were racist and other nasty comments. She moved out and was put into a hostel until she found a flat, which she did. My grandson moved in with her. The conflict carried on and sometimes visited my daughter and son-in-law, as if nothing had happened but then out of the blue, she went off on one again. Baby was born in November 2020, a beautiful girl. I've seen her once and her grandparents have seen her a handful of times. She still brings in the racist card on all of us, we are not racist. Two weeks ago she had a terrible melt down, smashed up their dishwasher and told my grandson to leave. He turned up at my daughters in tears and said he couldn't do it anymore. He then received photos from her of all his clothes cut up, game boy smashed, and ear pods destroyed. He went back to her a couple of days later. Apparently, this morning, she went into a melt down again and my grandson phoned his father asking him what he could do to get her help as he thinks she has a problem. I know this is a long drawn out explanation but has anyone any advice please. We still don't see baby and she says we can't.

epitaph

Re: Could she be ill?

Postby epitaph » Sat May 29, 2021 7:45 am

Hello welcome to the forum,

Yes the person you are referring to urgently needs help.
Whether she relizes that and is willing to seek help governs what happens next.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”