Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Android Apps To Prevent Stress

If you're new and want to say hello...
vikaskundu

Android Apps To Prevent Stress

Postby vikaskundu » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Everyday while I am going off to sleep I will stay awake for atleast two hours thinking of random stuffs which is really stressful as I always wake up very tired the next day with less sleep..Can anyone recommend me any apps of android that will allow me sleep peacefully for I have heard some of my friends been using few apps that has helped them.

rsxo

Re: Android Apps To Prevent Stress

Postby rsxo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi Vikas,

I'd actually advise against using your phone before you sleep to sleep better. The blue light emitted from electronic devices interfere with your sleep, making you feel more tired in the morning. In my experience, it's much better to read/meditate to relax before sleeping.

Having said that, I've heard that some people will listen to ASMR as a way to sleep. That way, you wouldn't be subjected to the blue light, but can still use your device to help you sleep?x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

lucyheartfilia1011

Postby lucyheartfilia1011 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:49 am

What you need is not an app but to change your sleeping habit or activities before you sleep. But it makes simpler if you look at this infographic.

whiterabbit222

Postby whiterabbit222 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:49 pm

I really like an app called calm helps me go to sleep

sheemer1

Postby sheemer1 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:24 am

vikaskundu wrote:Everyday while I am going off to sleep I will stay awake for atleast two hours thinking of random stuffs which is really stressful as I always wake up very tired the next day with less sleep..Can anyone recommend me any apps of android that will allow me sleep peacefully for I have heard some of my friends been using few apps that has helped them.

I've used Calm, with good results. It's a meditation app, tailored with different topics and situations. It's paid though.

Stop, Breathe, and Think has been mentioned before, as has Insight Timer.

Pacifica is like the other three.

Antistress is a different sort of app, it lets you do things like play with virtual fidget spinners, solve puzzles, move the ball through the maze. It's helped me calm down through a couple of panic attacks.

If you stream music, use that service to make or save a few playlists of relaxing or feel-good music. I listen to choral music when I need to calm down or get ready for sleep.

babanaqash

Postby babanaqash » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:05 am

vikaskundu wrote:Everyday while I am going off to sleep I will stay awake for atleast two hours thinking of random stuffs which is really stressful as I always wake up very tired the next day with less sleep..Can anyone recommend me any app of android that will allow me sleep peacefully for I have heard some of my friends been using few apps that has helped them.

Hi there!

Actually you don't need any app. Don't use your mobile phone before going to bed. It's better to read some book or do meditation. You will feel more stressed if you are going to use apps. That's my suggestions.

Thank you

Return to “Newbies Room”