Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

last try

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
napoleon

last try

Postby napoleon » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:15 pm

I'm going to kill myself. Finally have the courage. I keep telling everyone i know I'm going to but no one is doing anything. Can someone I don't know tell me why I shouldn't?

heretochat

Re: last try

Postby heretochat » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:28 pm

Why you shouldn't kill yourself: because it might not seem like it now but things won't always be as bad as this, things will get better for you. People care, strangers care, I don't know you but I care and wouldn't want you to kill yourself. The fact you have posted on here (which is a good thing) shows that you have doubts yourself and should not be planning on ending your life

napoleon

Postby napoleon » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:33 pm

but i cant do this anymore and its not getting better all by itself so what actually am I supposed to do. wait? how long? I've hung in there for 16 years and I'm tired.

heretochat

Postby heretochat » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:42 pm

napoleon wrote:but i cant do this anymore and its not getting better all by itself so what actually am I supposed to do. wait? how long? I've hung in there for 16 years and I'm tired.

It won't get better if you kill yourself either. You've done well to hang in there for 16 years and you need to keep going. Focus on better things, not ending your life. Don't think too far into the future, just take each day at a time and get plenty of rest too. I care and do hope things improve I really do

lol76

Postby lol76 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:59 am

Hi Napolean

Please believe me when I say you are so not alone in how you feel, even just on this forum there will be many who feel or have felt as bad as you do now. I too have struggled with suicidal ideation so I completely understand the feelings. I agree with Heretochat...I care aswell and dont want you to hurt yourself. You really need some professional help to support you and help you find a happier place. Have you pushed and pushed with your GP? I know meds arent a miracle but they can help a little whilst at the same time speaking to the right counsellor for you. I know how hard it is...I really do Ive been there my friend...but Im now starting to have better times and happier feelings. Its not a straight foreward process I can still struggle like hell but Im having some much better times inbetween. Dare I say it but I think I may be healing a little. Ive tried various different therapists and think I may have finally found one that suits me. Please give yourself as many chances as it takes as suicide is utterly final. Its not your fault my friend and it saddens me to know how much you are suffering. Start small...talk to a different GP if you have to. Contact MIND, Samaritans, SHOUT, Crisis team. Do u have any family or friends...reach.out for help because you deserve to get better. Im
happy to chat if it helps...Please find some help..you could feel very different in a few months...life can be unpredictable. Stick with it my friend and who knows what good things may finally come your way

I understand and care how you feel my friend x

ericph

Postby ericph » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:08 pm

napoleon wrote: I've hung in there for 16 years and I'm tired.

Are you able to say what happened 16 years ago to make you feel this way? There has to be a way to find hope.

Take care my friend.

Return to “Safe Room”