Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Does anyone else like knitting

For poetry, art, writing, music - your own or others'
dance

Does anyone else like knitting

Postby dance » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:07 am

I have autism, PTSD, anxiety, depression and possible ADHD the only time my mind ever goes quiet is when I'm knitting, I love knitting shawls the only time the top and bottom of a project is on the same needle, it also has a different shape on the needles than it does finished.
If you knit what do you like making? Does it help your mental health?

juliefrog

Re: Does anyone else like knitting

Postby juliefrog » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:54 am

I've always enjoyed knitting, and started doing it as a means of stress relief and keeping my hands busy a few years ago. I found that knitting scarves/snoods/gloves gave me something simple to do that kept my hands busy and also stopped my brain wondering off to all the things that were stressing me out while i watched tv at night.

I used to donate them to a charity, but since they've stopped collecting, I've started to try and branch out a bit and learn a few new stitches.

My anxiety and stress levels have been far worse this year, to the point that I finally had to ask for help and get some medication, and knitting really has helped. - I'm currently wearing a chunky scarf I made this week while I work :) I find things like blankets and wraps also have that 'comfort blanket' feeling once they're done, which seems to help too

xx

qchenit

Re: Does anyone else like knitting

Postby qchenit » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:54 pm

Doing so has been a significant assistance in https://qnnit.com/ my vocation, particularly when I'm feeling stuck or deadened.

Return to “Creative Corner”