Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Depression and anxiety

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
jceh997

Depression and anxiety

Postby jceh997 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:22 pm

I thought I would come here for some help, I’ve been struggling with my mental health since finding out my 2 year old has got a heart condition I’m so scared to leave her and I don’t leave her with anyone, I’m currently 20 weeks pregnant with my second child and I feel like my mental health is just getting worse where I have panic attacks often now and they could happen at any time and any place, I really just feel like I’m struggling and I feel like nothing can help me, I can’t get up to go out, I don’t have the energy to clean my house I just generally don’t have the energy to do anything anymore and I just want to be the best mum for my daughter but I just feel like nothing is helping me, is anyone else in this position or been in this position and got out? Need a bit of advice

epitaph

Re: Depression and anxiety

Postby epitaph » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:57 pm

Dear jceh997,

Without wishing to sound crass welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear what you are going through and the way you are feeling right now. Is there someone you can speak to openly about the way you are feeling in order to receive emotional support ? Have you looked at what is available in your local area in terms of telephone counselling ? is it possible you might get some support from other Mums with toddlers ?

I'd encourage you to reach out for support, taking as many little steps as you need.

Take care...

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”