Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Son moving out

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
jem

Son moving out

Postby jem » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:57 am

Good morning all, hopefully we have smiley faces this morning, mine a little half way. The reason for the post is that, I have been a little down and depressed these past couple of days.

My son who is 16 is moving into his dads and taking the puppy, I know it doesn't sound a massive deal, but it has only been me and him since he was 8 years old. My son has always been a daddy's boy since he was born, they were just peas in a pod and then he has an affair which he moved out when my son was 8.

I decided not to try and seek a new relationship why i had my son in the house as he had been through enough with his dad, but now he's 16 and made the choice of moving in full time with him. This is going to happen in the next weeks and my depression is really kicking in, the thought of the household being so quiet and not having that someone to have a chat to, really is starting to scare me.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to cope and deal with the situation, racing thoughts keep going through my head and i don't like how my mind is playing these mind games with me

Help

epitaph

Re: Son moving out

Postby epitaph » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi Jem,

Welcome to the forum.
So sorry to hear you are having a rough time.
Is there someone you can talk to about this?
Are you receiving any counselling, as this might help you.
[I've intentionally not included any suggestions, as you no doubt have considered these already]

Take care...

c.j.

Re: Son moving out

Postby c.j. » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:35 pm

Do they live far away? Just think of the positives, ie freedom,
you can stop out late!

Return to “Mutual Support Group”