Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Valentines day

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
lol76

Valentines day

Postby lol76 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:23 am

Does anybody else feel as unloved as me on Valentines day? I know its a media storm and there to make us spend money but Ive been single for a while now and every year it still manages to hurt a little. For those of you who feel like me and are on their own sending you love today ❤❤

ryan92

Re: Valentines day

Postby ryan92 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:36 pm

I posted my story on this forum a few days ago, but feel like I should reply to your post!
I totally feel your pain and hurt about valentine's! My wife left me last year and she got a new part we literally weeks later and they got their own place together straight away. All I've been doing today is imagining what the two of them are upto today and how it should be me and my wife together doing those things, not my wife and another man. The only good thing is, we had children together and I have got them with me today

lol76

Postby lol76 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:23 am

Hiya

Yes I remember your post. I think on days like this things always feel more raw. I wasnt married but I had a 7 year relationship and it absolutely devastated me when he broke up with me out of the blue and went off with somebody else so I understand how you are feeling. I think theres always one who suffers the most in a breakup and it tends to be the one who didnt see it coming. My ex partner literally broke my heart and still to this day it can sometimes feel so raw still. But the best thing to do is build your own life, find interests, new clubs, new friends. Enjoy bringing your children up and put your energy into being a good dad. I think I remember you saying you are in your late 20s? This is still so very young, trust me you have plenty of time to find somebody and settle down. Hope you feel better tomorrow when all the love heart balloons have deflated :lol:

ryan92

Postby ryan92 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:13 am

It really is hard isn't it? I had my children at mine from Thursday until Sunday (yesterday!) Evening, where my ex and her partner came and picked them up. We'd arranged for them to collect the girls at 7pm but they didn't arrive until nearly 8:15pm as (in her words) they had "been busy and lost track of time" and they looked at each other with a smile and a wink when she said that, so I instantly started imagining the two of them... Being busy.... Together, which hurt me. I did answer your reply on my post, I don't know if you've seen it or not, but I really am struggling, so when I saw your post on had to comment and didn't realise it was started by the same person as who commented on my post at first haha!

lol76

Postby lol76 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:48 am

Lol...yeah it was me ..its a small world on this forum :D

I think thats quite cruel of your ex to rub it in your face, plus surely theres no need for him to come to your house to collect your kids...its still early days for them...wait till the honeymoon period has worn off!
I thought Id never move on after I was badly hurt but somehow I did have another relationship about 3 years later, sadly it didnt last but it proves you can move on...its just a matter of time and meeting the right person. Whats the olde phrase...'its better to have loved and lost, than never been loved at all'......when in love its a fantastic feeling that we all want but when it goes wrong its the worst feeling in the world to be rejected but sadly part of life. Onwards n upwards :D

Return to “Mutual Support Group”