Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
sirhugo

Re: Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

Postby sirhugo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Think of the action you would get as a counsellor :lol:

good to hear you good recognition for your efforts. it really does brighten your day when you realized that you have genuinely helped someone. well done sir :D :D

christabel

Postby christabel » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Been saying it for ages. Lovely people on here. :)

Really nice of them too, letting you know.

Take care. X Chris

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi andthistoo

I've said this before but I really admire all you do to help yourself. Therein lies your recovery

Deb x

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:17 pm

sounds like a breakthrough moment. well done :D

It seems that regardless of what has gone on in our past, the root issue always comes done to fear. I was much the same. For me it was fear of being hurt. For you its fear of loneliness.

You right on the money when you said that repressing the feelings doesn't help. I learned that myself in therapy. By repressing them your telling yourself that you feel guilty or ashamed of these feelings. I've learned that's its ok to feel these things. You had a hard time. Its ok to feel shit about that. If you let yourself feel angry, hurt, sad etc you can start to move on from it

good work. you doing great :D

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:39 pm

The fact that you already have hope that things can improve is a great leap forwards. That alone is something to hold onto in a bad day

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:47 pm

Er, wow! It's so great to hear how effective your work on all this is. Really nice to hear you aren't needing to bombard yourself with activity too- much better for your stress levels, quite aside from the deeper meaning.

It kind of sounds like you follow little leads or subtle things you notice when you look at something differently, then like a scientist, you pursue truth all the way to the diamond at the centre of healing that particular thing.

Ah, sorry to read your description of childhood a few entries back. Turned out that kid applied his cleverness and instinct to work magic in the here and now.

Huh, just seen the meds post. Yeah do that. I give between 8 and 15 tablets a day btw, occasionally forget one :D

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:01 am

keep up the good work sir :D

in terms of meds, there are labelled tub things you can buy. put you pills in them and leave it somewhere you see all the time. Then you can see at a glance if you've taken todays pill or not

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:04 pm

You know the more I hear from your thought patterns the more I realise there almost a carbon copy of mine.

It happened to me again at work yesterday. I kept trying to talk to a couple of girls in my team and they kept ignoring me. My king immediately went to my spiral of misery. The difference now is that I can challenge those thoughts now instead of accepting them as fact. Your clearly managing to do the same

We’re both doing good sir! We just need to keep it up :D

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 pm

I think it might be the third one

one thing I've noticed over the xmas break is that as I have nothing but sitting around watching movies, drinking booze and eating turkey planned, my mind starts wandering and a lot of my dark thoughts begin to resurface. We need to keep our brain active and distracted

I think xmas is a bad time for anyone with mental health issues. all the forced jolliness along with the afore mentioned keeps it difficult. I've been trying to focus on all the positive changes I plan to make in the new year to stop me going mental

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi andthistoo

I take 300mg of pregabalin. That dose helps a lot but I still get dips that are manageable. That said I'm not great just now but I'm worrying about my Dad. He's 88 and has lost his long term friends over the last few years and so has become depressed. I cope very badly with people having mental illness. I think I over identify.

I think pregabalin has been slow to be taken up by doctors. I also take beta blockers. They treat the physical symptoms of anxiety only

I hope you have a good new year

Deb x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”