Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Needing just to reach out

If you're new and want to say hello...
redhearts57

Needing just to reach out

Postby redhearts57 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:39 pm

Hi everyone,
First time posting and feeling like I’m stuck in a downward spiral of depression. I have had so much going on in my life that I can’t actually pinpoint exactly when I started feeling like this again. I have battled depression off and on most of my adult life and sometimes I can cope with everyday things and other times I can’t. I recently split from my partner which has had a devastating affect on my mental health and because of that, my depression is back with a vengeance. I think because I have had so much going on that my partner splitting with me was the icing on the cake so to speak. I’m just reaching out to anyone who can understand where my head is at right now. I’m off work, back on anti depressants, not eating and barely sleeping. Takes me all my time to drag myself out of bed in the morning and when I do make a conscious effort to do that I don’t want to get washed and dressed! I wanna just sit and think about all the things that make me feel as low as they do but then I stop thinking because I can’t cope with all the past events that have led me here to this point in my life. I can’t seem to get counselling from anywhere at the moment and I’m now just reaching out to whoever will take the time to read this. I don’t even know if any of this makes sense to anyone, thanks

mark321

Re: Needing just to reach out

Postby mark321 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:55 am

Hi,
I've just joined and posted similar to yours, I understand that feeling and how things are just going downhill fast,the hardest thing is trying to explain this to someone who's not been there ,I know people try to help but its not a trigger or something specific that makes us feel this way.
I hope I can help,I came on here hoping to find people with the same thoughts and feelings so there is hope.
I do understand and hope we can help each other.

thegodsplinter

Re: Needing just to reach out

Postby thegodsplinter » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:37 am

I've lived what you are living. With me, I have to admit, it's around 52 years.

I wish I could come up with some magnificent means of fighting your way free of this mental state, but the best most can hope for is a reduction in the bad, rather than an explanation of how to achieve permanent good. It does get easier. It does develop less hold over you, in later years, but I don't have figures to give you about that.

Return to “Newbies Room”