Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Struggling with depression and how my life is going

If you're new and want to say hello...
damagicturtle

Struggling with depression and how my life is going

Postby damagicturtle » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:16 am

I suffer with paranoid schizophrenia, depression and anxiety and they've ruined my life. I used to work 6 days a week and come home and enjoy playing games on the PC or watching movies, doing research on topics I enjoyed or speaking with friends whereas now I'm unable to work, I'm stuck in my flat 90% of the time with nothing to do and don't really have many friends. I still play games on the PC but I don't get the same enjoyment from them, I'm just doing it to pass time until bedtime and that's the same day in day out. I want a life but my symptoms prevent me from doing most things. I don't leave the house alone due to my anxiety, I can't be around people for too long a lot of the time because it causes my positive symptoms to become more frequent and distressing and I also lack motivation massively due to the negative symptoms of my schizophrenia, I'm at a loss as to what I can do to begin building a life again, I can't see a future for myself and it depresses me massively. I had a plan for life and was beginning to work towards building the life I wanted and then all of a sudden I became severely psychotic, my plan went up in flames and my life crumbled around me. The last 4 years since my psychosis have been like going through hell and I don't know how much more I can take, I'm really struggling and don't know what to do or who to turn to, this is my attempt at getting some help and support and either would be greatly appreciated.

epitaph

Re: Struggling with depression and how my life is going

Postby epitaph » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:56 pm

Hello damagicturtle,

Without wishing to sound crass, welcome to the forum. As I've said many times this forum is very quiet you might also wish to post here:
https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/

You should certainly browse both forums looking for posts and information that might assist you, review the useful videos section too and try and understand as much as you can (if you have not done so already) about your condition.

I'm sorry to hear that life is so hard for you right now. It feels to me that you would benefit from professional help (where that comes from is a very good question...), which following little steps might allow you to reach out to others for support and friendship. You can be sure that there are others who feel identically to you and face similar issues such that you are certainly not alone in what you are going through.

Whilst I can relate to depression and anxiety and the debilitating issues they cause, paranoid schizophrenia is not something that I've ever experienced and know too much about. I would like to hope that with support of your GP you would have a patient plan to assist in your wellbeing along with regular review, but probably this is all wishful thinking. Either way ensuring your GP is well aware of your current predicament would seem an important step if obviously not already in place.

Perhaps you could also look at some online support meetings to see if these would help you start communicating with others whilst in your own home to reduce the feeling of loneliness. Something like Frazzled Cafe might be worthwhile.

Anyway I hope this response provides acknowledgement that someone has read your post and attempted to assist you.

Take care...

damagicturtle

Postby damagicturtle » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:42 pm

Thanks epitaph, I'll look into the website you posted the link to.
My Psychiatrist is aware of my current situation and is referring me for some form of therapy i think but he hasn't said what kind, all i know is it won't be CBT again, didn't help me at all the last time i tried it and i had around 20 sessions so it's not as if i didn't give it a chance, it just wasn't a good fit for me.

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:30 pm

Thanks for taking the time to provide a reply.
I hope in time things will improve for you, little steps etc.

Attempting to assist others and spend time doing so becomes a little draining when on so many occasions one does not receive any form of response. I do it for others as I remember how low one can feel along with the positive feeling one gets when someone takes the time to hopefully provide a well meaning and hopefully a helpful reply.

Take care...

Return to “Newbies Room”