Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Advice needed

If you're new and want to say hello...
kms

Advice needed

Postby kms » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi, I’m new and not 100% sure what to say but here goes. My partner was diagnosed with depression about 9 months ago. It has been very up and down. His dr gave him pills and has not had a review with him in over 6 months. He won’t take advice on getting a review..... I really think he needs one. He has big outbursts aimed at me. He would never physically hurt me but words cut deep. I have been at home for a year now as I have kidney failure and do dialysis 6 days a week. How can you help someone who won’t see a dr or seek help. He also drinks a lot of alcohol, which I know does not help but he says this is his only joy from life and will not give it up. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated xx

lol76

Re: Advice needed

Postby lol76 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:37 am

Hi there

Sadly, I dont have the answers for you but what I do know is theres only so much you can do. He needs to decide for himself he needs help, its up to him to take responsibility and go back to the GP. It sounds to me like he should be having a review and either increase his dose or change treatment. However, as a sufferer of anxiety/depression myself it can sometimes feel like being trapped in a living hell. I feel for you both as its not much fun for either of you. I wish you both luck and hope he finds the ability to reach out for professional help sooner rather than later.

Return to “Newbies Room”