Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I cant stop anxiety and panic attacks

If you're new and want to say hello...
brizzle1965

I cant stop anxiety and panic attacks

Postby brizzle1965 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 pm

I am new to the Sane Forum. I am just looking for advice and support. In July 2019 I lost me job due to anxiety and depression. I was on anti-depressants for a while, and then along came lock-down. Ive set up a small business (Architectural Design), but finding this very stressfull at times. I know deepdown that I need to go back to work as an employee, but in my mind I struggle to find the mental strength to do this. I suffer from constant anxiety and frequent panic attacks. But I just cant seem to break this cycle and feel that I have dug a hole for myself and there is now way out. Ive been on anti-depressant again for about 6 months but this hasnt helped me significantly. Is there anyone out there that can share any advice on how to be calm again.

lol76

Re: I cant stop anxiety and panic attacks

Postby lol76 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 pm

Wow...very similar to my story...I also lost my job in 2019 after being off sick with anxiety/depression. Ive been to hell and back. Ive also been trying to set up an online craft shop which has defo helped keep me busy but its not providing a wage. I too am going to have to somehow move back into a job but Im terrified. As soon as I get close and think its time to go back the anxiety and panic comes back. My head then goes to dangerous places and I start feeling that Id rather kill myself than go back to work. Im working with a therapist and very slowly chipping away but I totally understand how you feel.

Return to “Newbies Room”