Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Depression and loss

If you're new and want to say hello...
Cyprus

Depression and loss

Postby Cyprus » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:55 am

Hi all
Not really a newbie but not been on here for a few years but helped me through some tough times in my life
So 5 weeks ago I lost my hubby and now I am in such a dark place don’t really no what I to do so my one constant and biggest suppporter isn’t with me so I know find myself not knowing how to fight back so I know other places can help with grief but what they don’t understand is the depression the constant fight you battle with anyway so worried and scared I can’t fight 2 battles

lol76

Re: Depression and loss

Postby lol76 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:38 am

Hiya

Welcome back. Crikey you have had a very sad loss and are bound to be feeling scared, lost, angry. Having all the natural grief feelings is hard enough but to also suffer with depression is twice as hard. Id say at this early point its all about you looking after yourself on a day to day basis and doing something little everyday that you enjoy no matter how small. Lots of self care, self kindness and self compassion. Im sure you only know too well theres no fast forward button for grief and depression can be very similar. Im always here if you want to chat as I too live with deptession and understand how debilitating it can be. Take care xx

Cyprus

Postby Cyprus » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi Thankyou for your reply
Had my first panick attack at the shop yesterday so scary I know the trigger but totally took me by surprise so did make appointment with dr for later in the week going to ask for diazepam helped in the past but have to fight for it we will see so back to the sofa for me x

lol76

Postby lol76 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:13 am

Panic attacks are awful, extremely overwhelming and scary. Well done on contacting your doctor...I hope you find it helpful. You can only do your best x

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi there,

So sorry for your loss, want to pass on my condolences. Can understand that it's a really difficult time for you at the moment, partners are such a large part of our lives and we never imagine our lives without them. Take as much time as you need to process what has happened, and lean on your friends and family for support (and us here too!), and when you're feeling up to things, you'll be able to get back up on your feet again. One day at a time is a good pace for now x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Cyprus

Postby Cyprus » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:00 am

Thankyou everyone
I suppose I am back here as I can’t talk to people I haven’t answered my phone or seen anyone for the last 5 weeks I do have family at home and I suppose it really scares me to go back to them very depressed days xx

lol76

Postby lol76 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Welcome back, well done for getting through the last 5 weeks. Do your family not wonder how you are doing? They may surprise you and want to help you? Are you finding anything that helps?xx

Return to “Newbies Room”