Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Stuck in rut

If you're new and want to say hello...
tara

Stuck in rut

Postby tara » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Hello I’m new to this so bare with me
I’m 28 years old I have a job a car a house a dog and engaged and so on and yet I still don’t feel complete and content . I know I’m stuck in a rut but I have no motivation or will power to change wouldn’t know where to start :shock: but I know I need to . I do suffer with anxiety and depression and learning to take step by step . However in the last year or two I have became more isolated as I prefer being at home in my own bubble as I can’t cope with dealing with people or family .
So my question is how can I jump start my life and start living rather than existing ?

epitaph

Re: Stuck in rut

Postby epitaph » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:41 pm

Hello,

Well done for posting, ...

Strangely and potentially not helpfully, given everything you have said, my suggestion (and that is all it is, take it or leave it etc) would be to actually take little steps towards the exact opposite. So whilst strictly maintaining Covid-19 social distancing, I'd suggest taking the dog for a walk at a regular time each day and then slowly increasing the time/distance etc With a view to talking to those that you meet whilst attempting to get some exercise, fresh air and experience the elements (yea, typically a bit cold and wet, ...), but hopefully there will be bright sunny days too! You could also try listening to music via ear buds whilst you are out.

Also start taking some vitamin D supplements if you are not going outside regularly in the winter.

Sorry if I've not been any help!

tara

Postby tara » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:38 pm

Thanks for the kind words .

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 pm

You are so welcome!

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:39 am

After typically the hardest week of the year (back to work following Christmas, so hard to get out of bed in the dark, when it feels like the middle of the night), how is it going for you now ? any progress ?

The daft thing is that we all like to try and make changes in our lives for the New Year, yet this is also the hardest time to do it, so be really kind to yourself as things will get easier when Spring eventually comes along.

lol76

Postby lol76 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 am

Welcome aboard. I think lots of us can relate to that stuck feeling I know I certainly.can. i was advised recently to take very small steps and to get involved with lots of self care at the moment. We are all being forced to stop and reassess our lives at present with restrictions keeping us all locked in. Sometimes my mind becomes terrified with overwhelming thoughts about what I should or could be doing with my life. I guess the hardest but most obvious way to manage the stuck feeling is take one day at a time, learn to enjoy the simple stuff more, appreciate whats in front of us then when the world opens up again maybe choose one new thing to try and go from there. Sometimes we are sold the dream by social media making us all feel as though we could have it all but maybe in reality thats just way too overwhelming and greedy and that there isnt anything wrong with our lives now.i totally understand the lack of motivation feeling as Im the same. I wish you luck getting through this lockdown then I hope you find your mojo again

Return to “Newbies Room”