Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Can anyone relate?

If you're new and want to say hello...
katysaid

Can anyone relate?

Postby katysaid » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Okay, here goes.

For a while I've known that I'm Bisexual. And no this isn't one of those "please give me attention because I feel so alone" I just want to see if anyone has been in the same position as me and can sort of help in a way. I know people will treat me the same and my mum will accept me but I think just saying it out loud is you know, scary. Everything in my head is just going 1000mph and for once I would just like it to stop. I think about things and dig holes in my head so deep I don't know if I will ever get out.
I guess I just want to talk to people or someone and just get things off my chest, I've not been in the most positive headspace due to 2020 being an absolute MESS but yeah, if anyone could reply, I'd like that x

rocknrollgypsy

Re: Can anyone relate?

Postby rocknrollgypsy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:59 pm

Do you need to have a big moment where you say it? If you become involved with someone who isn't the gender people expect, you may need to announce that, but otherwise, there doesn't have to be a formal moment where you declare it to the world. You could casually drop it in conversation where relevant, e.g. if you're with a group of friends and the conversation turns to crushes, listing various men and women. However, you're not obliged to tell people if you don't want to.

(My background in this: I've had crushes on both, but never become involved with either. At various times, I've thought I was straight, lesbian, bi ... Now I wonder if I'm an ace because nothing's ever come of any of these crushes, but saying I was one would be like denying the feelings ever happened, so that doesn't feel right either. Right now, I have no label, but that's better than giving myself the wrong one.)

epitaph

Re: Can anyone relate?

Postby epitaph » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Welcome Katysaid,

Posting is hard, especially the 1st time, so well-done!

I'm sorry to say this but I really feel that whilst this forum is useful and used by many people it does not provide the same level of support as say:

https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/

Far more users, with an active moderation team, with experienced advice and perhaps more importantly a private message facility to allow you to communicate with each other if that is what you wanted to do.

You both might want to try taking the plunge and reposting/rejoining the forum above ?
(Which I have done after it was recommended on here).

Return to “Newbies Room”