Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Finally admitting I need help

If you're new and want to say hello...
nigma06

Finally admitting I need help

Postby nigma06 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:12 am

This is all new to me I've always suffered in silence when it comes to my mental health
The only one I've told about it is my girlfriend and it's getting to the point that it's taking a toll on her . I don't want to lose her but I'm so scared to finally say something about my depression because then I have to accept it's real . I don't know what to do or how to ask for help. This is scary typing this out but I guess I have to accept it to try and help myself get better .

c.j.

Re: Finally admitting I need help

Postby c.j. » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:51 pm

Have you contacted a doctor? They may be able to do a phone chat with you and prescribe you something.

What is causing you mental health concerns exactly?

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Welcome to the forum.

1st - Admitting that there is a problem is an important 1st step!
(I'm sure some people don't realise that there is a problem)
2nd - Recognizing that you need (or would benefit from) help is as good as any 2nd step!
3rd - Asking for help and to whom ? is really hard who and how do you ask ?

Men tend to suffer their MH issues in silence, it is as if we are pre-programmed not to want to discuss it, particularly with other men. Whereas women (perhaps I'm generalising alittle here) seem to be that much better equipped to communicate from the outset. From what you have said, I'd try and find someone you can talk to other than you girlfriend, particularly if there is a risk that it might be too much for her to handle right now.

As suggested by c.j, if you can try and ascertain what it is that is making you feel depressed, that might also help you work out what to do next ? One thing is for sure though, you are not alone!

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:22 am

Welcome! Give a shout if you need any help getting around the forum :)
RSxo <3

radishings

Postby radishings » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi and welcome,
I'm going to sound crazy but please seek your doctor's help your story sounds too familiar to my own and I left it too late.
As stated you have made the first steps

Return to “Newbies Room”