Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
verytired

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby verytired » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:30 pm

I’m late fifties. COVID has made very little difference to me as I have been self isolating for years. I have used antidepressants off and on for years, currently off as I can’t believe that, for me, they will ever make a positive difference. I live in an area where mental health services have been under special measures, currently for the third time. The people who work in the service are good people but I have given up on the service itself. Now, I don’t even believe that any treatment is effective so am just about managing this on my own but am struggling to be bothered.

penninerose

Postby penninerose » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:13 am

Hello,

I'm a married woman with a daughter in SW Lancashire.
I've been coping with clinical depression and anxiety for years.
I'm currently living with menopausal mood troubles.
Reading has been a favourite coping mechanism yet I'm very drawn to knitting and crochet.
Knitting and crochet helped me through a bad spell when first married.
I'm interested in hearing from knitting and crochet fans.
I can only use knit and purl stitch and basic crochet stitch.
My favourite therapist is our springer spaniel - no awkward conversations,
just caring eyes and soft fur.

marcyg

Postby marcyg » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:12 am

Hiya, I'm new around here.
I've struggled with Schizoaffective disorder from my late teens. 42 yrs old now though! (Jings, time flies). I had a spell of quite good mental health for last couple of years but am now going through major meds changes (side effects issues) and i'm terrified things are gonna get really bad again.

My main love in life is music. I play a variety of different instruments with violin being my main one. This year I took up the Flute in lockdown - online music lessons are great fun and practising is a good way to pass time.

I am needing a bit of support these days so thought i would join the forum.
Off to have a look around now...........

golabb

Postby golabb » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:23 am

Hi I am definitely new here but not new to depression, was first diagnosed with clinical depression in 1995 (before a lot of you were born!) When I was 26, I'm now 51, 52in a couple of months. I'm a single mum to 2 adult kids (22 &20) both still living at home. I am an animal lover and recently had to have my cat put to sleep, in September, and l am pet free for the first time in nearly 30 years. The house is a very strange place but money and circumstances mean it is a strangeness I need to get used to! I am a very old Minecraft player but don't really have hobbies. I dabble in cross stitch and knitting but am finding I dont have the patience to finish anything atm. Not sure what else to say, hope this makes sense as I'm typing on my phone and can't see the whole thing at once!

welshgirl

Postby welshgirl » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:32 pm

Hello,
I am new to this forum, but haven’t a clue how to work out how this forum all works!!!
Would some kind person explain to me please?
Thanks in advance!
Sarah

mishelly77

Postby mishelly77 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:22 am

Hi there.. never done this before but I need something, maybe support, or just an ear.. I don´t know.
I´m 43 and feel very lonely. I live with my fiance of 5 years, we emigrated to Spain from the UK nearly 2 years ago now, and I have no real friends here. I have a large family in the UK but I cannot talk to them as nothing is confidential, its shared amongst the family.
I have a daughter with Aspergers syndrome. She lives in the UK with her bf of 2 years. She lost her dad in March and i feel like i´ve let her down. I can´t be there for her due to this stupid Covid situation. Also my relationship is under a lot of stress at the moment.
On the outside looking in, my life is perfect, and for the most part, it really is. I just don´t have anyone to talk to when I need advice or support, and I don´t really know who to turn to.
I´ve had depression in the past but I don´t think i´m depressed right now. I also think i might be on the autism spectrum too, my daughter says i´m more aspergers than her lol.
Thanks for listening xxx

heehee

Postby heehee » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:09 pm

Hey, I'm 18 and currently struggling with depression. The loneliness due to coronavirus and my complicated family situation isn't helping. I'm also a first gen immigrant studying to become a physiotherapist. My hobbies include yoga, baking, gym, photography, nature walks, watching anime/funny movies/disney, reading YA fantasy, etc. At the moment, I listen to music and binge eat to deal with my problems and I've realised this is a very temporary solution and it isn't helping me. Also a big lover of memes and pets (which I'm sadly not allowed to have) P.S. my personality type is INFP - do with that information what you must :)

milmal

Postby milmal » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm 42 years old and struggling with depression and anxiety since my teenage years. I've been on medication several times and also doing some sessions with a psychologist occasionally. It would be hard to describe all my experience trying to cope with my issues in a few words but would be happy to share my thoughts with yours and how everyone's coped with their issues. I live in the UK for almost six years now with very limited social contacts to be honest, working in the banking field. I love being around nature and also travelling and quite struggling with this sitting at home life that we had to follow this year, hopefully next year will be better.....

justjohn

Postby justjohn » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi, I a new, just found the site today. I’m 69 but act like someone in their 50’s. I have just separated from my wife after 20 years who was 20 year’s younger than me and I have a 16 year old daughter with autism. I’m living alone for the first time in my life and finding it hard. Unfortunately most of my families and friends have passed, so I don’t have anyone to talk about personal things with.

I’ve had mental problems all my life, depression, extreme anxiety, dissociation. I have been on anti-depression medication for a long time. I have some autistic traits but too few to be diagnosed autistic. I am very intelligent, a strong moral code and empathy. i still work in a high level role. I try to get out for walks but find it really hard during the winter when it is cold and dark. I only feel happy when the sun is bright and it is hot.

I am finding the current world situation hard. All the hatred between religions, races, political groups. The inequality. The environmental disaster we are creating. I have been told in psychotherapy to put things out of my mind if I can’t change them, but find that impossible.

zip

Postby zip » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi all.

Just found about this site and am looking forward to chatting a bit.

I'm 22 and studying music in the UK in my final year. I live in a halls and don't know my flatmates very well so have been feeling quite lonely the past couple weeks- especially as we're not allowed to move back home!

I've struggled with PTSD, bulimia, severe depression and I'm mildly autistic which all make it quite hard for me to form lasting relationships, there's been suggestions of borderline personality disorder, but as of yet it hasn't been diagnosed! The loneliness at the moment has been rather crippling, affecting my motivation and giving me some darker thoughts than when I'm on good form.

I adore reading poetry, running, cycling (although at the moment can't partake in this as I've bust my knee cap), cooking, baking, nature walks, watching Netflix.
I hope you're all doing well and not struggling too much during these weird times.

Return to “Newbies Room”