Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I can't find my will to live

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
ang03

I can't find my will to live

Postby ang03 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:23 pm

I've been suffering with depression for 8 years now ever since I was 10, my life wasn't perfect before but it was bearable, I can't get proper help all the counsellors I've seen have all given me the worst and typical advice, "think positive thoughts, you are the one that controls your mind, there are many things to live for, it gets better", honestly no it doesn't, all my "good" years have been lost to depression and I don't think my depression can get worse than this, the only reason I'm alive is because there's no one else that can take care of my mother even though she wants me dead as well. I feel like someone has chained me to the deepest part of the ocean and I'm only breathing through a tiny tube.

heretochat

Re: I can't find my will to live

Postby heretochat » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:46 pm

ang03 wrote:I've been suffering with depression for 8 years now ever since I was 10, my life wasn't perfect before but it was bearable, I can't get proper help all the counsellors I've seen have all given me the worst and typical advice, "think positive thoughts, you are the one that controls your mind, there are many things to live for, it gets better", honestly no it doesn't, all my "good" years have been lost to depression and I don't think my depression can get worse than this, the only reason I'm alive is because there's no one else that can take care of my mother even though she wants me dead as well. I feel like someone has chained me to the deepest part of the ocean and I'm only breathing through a tiny tube.

Hi and welcome to the site and well done on posting this. It must be very difficult to have been suffering with depression from the age of 10 and now still at a young age to be taking care of your mother. I'm really sorry about how you are feeling and I hope being able to talk on here will help you in some way. You have said yourself that you don't think your depression can get worse than this so hopefully things can only improve and get better for you

Return to “Rant Room”