Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Never ending!

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
lol76

Never ending!

Postby lol76 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:10 pm

Why is this depression and anxiety rubbish never ending?!! Why after putting in effort and following all the advice do I get better and think I'm turning a corner...but then I nosedive again?!!! Why...whats the point in trying? It's so cruel and is currently ruining my life.

Reach out and talk they say....done that
Find a hobby you enjoy...done that
Exercise...do that
Get support from family...done that
Be open with your friends...done that
Try therapy... done that and still doing that
Study to keep mind engaged...done that and still doing that
See GP for meds...still doing that

So if I'm doing and engaging with advice why am I still suffering? Why do I feel such a failure? Why do I feel pathetic? Why do I feel worthless? Why cant I cope? I just want some peace.

beatricemom

Re: Never ending!

Postby beatricemom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:12 pm

Change the therapist who will find an individual approach to treatment for you. In general, a favorite activity or a change of scenery helps to restore peace of mind very well. The second is more difficult. What do you like to do? Do you have any hobbies? If there is a possibility of travel, I recommend going to Asia. They say that in Buddhist temples you can undergo a course of therapy, after which a person has a complete re-realization of himself. It's not cheap, but there are people out there who really helped.

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi lol76,

Sorry to hear that when you have been trying so hard to repair/recover/feel better within yourself. I get it, I really do... setbacks feel like such a crushing blow, sometimes there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why they happen, other times one attempts to learn from potential mistakes and to modify ones circumstances in the (possible vain) hope of avoiding repeat occurrences.

I'm trying to come back up myself, after a bit of dip last week. I will get there I just don't know how long I'll need to wait before I feel better again.....

Take care...

crazycatlady1993

Postby crazycatlady1993 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Hey.
Think I related to pretty every single word you wrote!
There is no words to describe the crushing feeling of nose diving into just feeling like a lost destroyed soul after being on a high and just feeling like you have everything in control.
Your still in control. Your recognising what’s happen your noticing your behaviour changes. It’s just going to take time. Look how far you would of already come. Over come things you never thought you would. These things we do we put too much pressure on to fix us and when it doesn’t it just causes us to pick ourselves a part and think urgh this it is forever. When it isn’t. More times gonna pass your gonna get even stronger and nail handling these emotions just like you have others you don’t even realise you don’t feel anymore. I’ve realised life is tough but we can be tougher. Everyone is going through something no ones life is perfect. Just take hold of the fact your not in this alone. So many people are constantly questioning life their existence and so on, but you have to own it. Love yourself. Be yourself unapologetically. Everyone’s flawed. Our brains are our own worst enemy and only we can change it and over come theee feelings and be like hey no not today I’m putting my head phones dancing around my kitchen and saying not today bad mood I am not feeling uncomfortable and miserable because of you!
I hope you find something in my mountain of ramble but honestly
Don’t give up
Your strong and already doing so much to recover.
Have some faith in YOU DXXXX

lol76

Postby lol76 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:17 pm

Thanks for your replies it helps to know people care enough to reply. :)

plum

Postby plum » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:39 pm

I like replies you don't get them so often now days. Make the most of things, the things we have today and take for granted will be a luxury of tomorrow.

ang03

Postby ang03 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:44 pm

I completely get what you mean, hearing everyone say it's going to get better even though you only feel worse or people saying stay strong, that is one of the worst things ever, I myself would be a hypocrite if I said those things because I know they don't work, personally I know what would make me feel better, however it is unachievable, deep down we know there is something that will help us just a little bit but most time we don't say anything because it could be too unrealistic. I also believed there was nothing that could ever make me want to stay alive, but there was, I want to experience having friends, real friends, people I can be myself around and feel like they really love me, and also be able to have my dream job. Unfortunately, these things are unrealistic in my life, but I know if I had these things, I would fight to stay alive. Have you thought about what you really want? And if you have, is it realistic and reachable, or would it be something that people would call crazy?

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi ang03,

That is an interesting perspective.
personally I know what would make me feel better, however it is unachievable, deep down we know there is something that will help us just a little bit but most time we don't say anything because it could be too unrealistic.

I agree, I do know what would make me feel better but like you it feels impossible to achieve right now. So recognising that I can't achieve what I'd like, (actually just chatting and explaining to one person what I've been through), I'm left trying to either forget or find alternatives to what I'd really want. I also recognise (same for most of us) that there is a host of other stuff that also needs to be taken into account at some point....

If it's any consolation to you at all I'd wish for you to be happy!

Take care...

Return to “Rant Room”