Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

What is the one food or dish you can’t seem to cook regardless of how strong you are in the kitchen?

For a cuppa - and a chat...
tejas107

What is the one food or dish you can’t seem to cook regardless of how strong you are in the kitchen?

Postby tejas107 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:46 am

For me it’s rice. I feel like I can tackle many foods, but for some reason my rice never comes out the way I’d like!!

rocknrollgypsy

Re: What is the one food or dish you can’t seem to cook regardless of how strong you are in the kitchen?

Postby rocknrollgypsy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:21 am

Hilaire Belloc said "Be content to remember that those who can make omelettes properly can do nothing else." Certainly, it's not something I'd currently attempt with no stove (the company from which I bought the cooker refused to install it as the switch was right over the space for the cooker, so they said it wasn't safe). However, in my previous flat which had a couple of working electric rings, I once managed to do an Arnold Bennett omelette, which is v. tricky. Wouldn't try it here with no hobs, though. Can poach eggs in the microwave and fry steak in the toaster oven, but making omelettes, let alone American-style fluffy scrambled eggs, will be beyond me until I can move somewhere I can install a proper cooker.

Return to “The Kitchen”