London to Brighton Cycle 2024
Over 4,000 riders will make their way through the idyllic English countryside putting their pedals to the test on Ditchling Beacon before gliding down to Brighton to cross the finish line and celebrate their success. On your way, stop at the picturesque village of Turners Hill for lunch, stay hydrated at water stops along the route of this challenging cycle ride and take advantage of our stationary and roaming mechanical support to keep you on course to the finish line.
The route is fully signposted with frequent free water stops, mechanical support and a free lunch at the finish line, along with your finishers medal.
You can keep your eyes on the road and enjoy the beautiful surrounding countryside! It is the perfect challenge for solo riders looking to get in some extra miles, beginner cyclists taking on their first big challenge or corporate groups looking for a team cycle!
- Is transport provided back to London at the end of the ride? Yes! We offer a bike and coach transfer from Brighton back to the start on Clapham Common. Once you are signed up you’ll be sent a link to book a place. Places are limited for this service and do sell out so worth booking in good time.
- Is my bike suitable? The route is entirely on road so please ensure your bike is suitable for this. Whilst using a mountain bike is possible, they are heavier and it would be more challenging! We recommend using a light weight road bike, or hybrid bike. It is also advisable that you have your bike serviced before the ride and ensure it is in good condition. Please bring a puncture repair kit with you and any spare parts you think you may need. Whilst there will be mechanics positioned throughout the course it’s important that riders are able to change a punctured tyre to keep you moving as we cannot guarantee we will be able to assist you quickly due to the number of riders.
- How fit do I need to be? The London to Brighton Cycle Ride with De’Longhi is challenging but achievable. In order to maximise your enjoyment you do need to train and get out on your bike before the ride! We’ll regularly share our top fundraising hints, and training tips.
- Will there be mechanics on route? Skyline will have friendly mechanics at the water stops and roaming along the route to help out with any difficulties you have during the ride. However please do bring a spare inner tube and a pump or gas cannister to inflate it, as well as any spare parts you think you may need. Our mechanics are often very busy, riders will need to be able to take care of their own punctures leaving our mechanics to be available for others issues to keep the maximum number of riders able to complete the course.
- Are there toilets on route? There will be portable toilets at the start, water stops, and at the finish in Brighton.
- Will I get bike and coach transport from Brighton back to London? Skyline will offer that but this has a limited capacity.
London to Brighton
When: 15 September 2024
Where: from Clapham Common in South London, to the seaside town of Brighton
Distance: 55 mile cycle ride
Registration fee: £55
Fundraising target: £150
Already got your own place at the London to Brighton Cycle?
Why join Team SANE?
- A free SANE running top
- Support emails and lots of cycling tips
- Digital Fundraising pack, sponsorship forms and all the materials you may require
- Dedicated member of the Events Team to help