Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Please help me and share this post with as many people as you can.

Mental illness recognises no boundaries...
dannycostello

Please help me and share this post with as many people as you can.

Postby dannycostello » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Dear friends, family and people who do not know me. After building up the courage, i have decided to set up an online fundraiser to help towards the cost of a private surgical operation.
This surgery is part of my gender reassignment transition and is able to be covered by the NHS but the waiting times for this (along with various hoops to jump through) are extensively long and become very emotionally and mentally draining.

This surgery can be up to £50,000 ( dependent on what country) but as a starting point i have decided to aim to raise £5,000 to see how things go.

The potential total cost of this surgery i appreciate can be daunting for anyone deciding to fundraise for- and if I'm being totally honest, it doesn't feel realistic or achievable to be able to fundraise the full amount of money, this is also the first time I have tried doing something like this.

I have spent so so many years racking my brain for ways i could move closer towards achieving my dream of what i believe my body should look like, and it is without a doubt that this is the surgery i need in order to achieve this.

I find it quite difficult to put into words to explain to you how much this surgery would mean to me, my mental well being , my general quality of life, my identity, and most of all my dream of feeling and being physically complete for the first time in my life so far- A feeling I have pined for and struggled with internally for as far back as I can remember from a very, very young age.

I struggle with asking for help because I feel undeserving most of the time, and with this specifically, as I know so many people ( and alot of my friends) who need some financial help with transgender related surgery too, in respect to trying to achieve funding for private care.

I have no idea what the outcome of this may be, but I know that all I can do is try and hope for the best.

I have been emailing a surgeon (Dr. Crane) in America, regarding this surgery as i have spent a number of years on and off searching for the surgery results i so badly desire, and have always been most satisfied with the results that his team consistently provide,

Below is a link to the surgical team's website.

http://brownsteincrane.com/ftm-phalloplasty/

Any money raised will help towards costs of travel for surgical consultations outside of the UK, and costs of any accommodation required.

I would like to ask you to please help in any way you feel able to, if you could contribute anything at all it would be immensely appreciated.

If you would like any more details on why I'm wishing to do this , please feel free to contact me either on facebook or via this website. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Once again, any contribution would be significantly appreciated.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to read this.

Danny G

mezzaninedoor

Re: Please help me and share this post with as many people as you can.

Postby mezzaninedoor » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Danny,
Would be nice if you could advise of your journey so that we feel we know you more?

Sunflowers&Raindrops

Re: Please help me and share this post with as many people as you can.

Postby Sunflowers&Raindrops » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:54 pm

Agreed, I am not outwardly questioning the validity of your post Danny, but coming straight onto a forum like this may not get you the response that you wish for. Let us know more about you!

Return to “Diversity Room”