Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I need a friend

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness

I need a friend

Postby han60 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 am

Not sure if any of you remember but I mentioned few weeks back me and my best mate where havin trouble. I put a lot of my issues onto her and stress plus she doesn't fully understand the symptom depression. Shes a hard tough skinned person where me I wear my heart on my sleeve. Anyway today she has told me she doesn't want me in her life anymore. This has crushed my like anything. I saw her as my sister. So loosing her is just destroying me. I can't live without my best mate. She's like another me. So when we became friends it was amazing, butiu started to get jealous of her n her new bf and paranoid etc. so she saw that I was putting it all on her and she has just come to the point it's too much. I don't know what to do. I don't have any other friends like her. As iv said she is like my sister. Its literally heart breaking. Thoughts have crossed my mind to hurt myself just for the cry for help!! I'm to exhausted with life. Im so lonely.
han60

Re: I need a friend

Postby louise27. » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:42 am

Last edited by louise27. on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
louise27.

Postby Lucretia » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 am

hi han,im really sorry this happened to you,you must be feeling awfull.i can empathise,so much.
i had a friend,we met when we were both 14,we went to school together,it was a school for people with emotional problems,we did everything together,we saw each other out side of school,but then at 25,out lives were becoming vastly different,she was able to move on to some kind of normality in life,and our freindship was ended,by her.
i will be around if you ever wanto talk.maybe she doesnt fully understand your illness,but,i think,a true friend would make an effort to gain some insight into how you are feeling,and try and help
x
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud
Lucretia

Postby han60 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanx for the reply. She doesn't fully understand the illness. So she thinks I'm just selfish and attention seeking! But she text me this morning saying she can't cope with all the troubles I put on her and get myself better.
I'm wondering if the tablets I'm on arnt working. I was on citlopram for about 4-5 yrs n changed to fluoxetine about a month ago. Im wondering if they are not working abd need something stronger?
han60

Postby Lucretia » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:47 pm

maybe you could go and see your gp,if you feel your medication isnt helping you.my gp usually says it could take 6-8 weeks for me to feel any benefits of new medication,though by and large,i usually feel a difference after a fortnight
x
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud
Lucretia

Postby Virella » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey Han
I think I'm in the reverse of your situation.
My best friend of 20 years has said she'll "leave me alone" since I described my feelings of paranoia, anger and whatever else to her.
Part of me feels relieved that she's giving me the space I need, because I always got "I told you so" or "Why didn't you do it this way", but at the same time I feel like I've got no-one on my side any more.
If you need anyone to chat to, we're all here to try and help each other, just keep posting

L x
Virella

Return to Mutual Support Group