Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

PND to Seperation to Homeless

If you're new and want to say hello...

PND to Seperation to Homeless

Postby Kaloui » Wed May 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi,
I am new here ;)
Just want to tell you a bit about myself and the situation I now find myself in in the hope of getting a little support and may be even finding someone else who has been or is in a similar situation as myself.
I was diognosed with PND about 4 years ago and after the biggest battle of my life actually managed to come out the other end with the help or my CPN and medication that is!....It took me over 3 years but I made it in the end, being discharged from the MHT and managing to cope on a theraputic dose of AD's :D
Soon after I was discharged my husband left me and my DD as the effect the last 3-4 years had had on him had been too much and he no longer loved me, he couldn't forget the past...I was honest with him and said I couldn't change the past but I could the future but it was too little too late.
I wobbled a bit but I survived the blow, I had good days and bad but I got through it on my own without going back to the awful place I had been before.
After 9 months of him keeping a roof over our heads and paying the mortgage while he lived with his parents we sold the house. He couldn't go on paying out and I couldn't afford it on my own so we decided the best thing was to sell.
The stress of selling and the thought of being homeless in the near future caused my medication to double instead of the wanting to come off of it. :(
Myself & my DD are now homeless and in emergency accomodation which is prooving to be stressful, isolating, depressing and frustrating.
I am trying to stay strong but I have had to see my GP in regards to my mental health after only 1 day of being put into emergency accomodation. He is concerned and although doesn't want to prescribe any more meds at the moment he is going to write to the housing people about my decline due to recent events and how bad it was before which must not happen again!
The system has been a bit shocking to be honest and there is a lot of waiting around for something to happen..I am still in band D (no housing requirement) on the housing register and despite my efforts to inform the council of every little change in circumstances it has got me no where very fast :(
I am faced with the posability of being housed miles away from every aspect of myself and my DDs entire lives, our family, friends, clubs, groups, nursery & potential school because our council covers such a vast area. I can't cope with that possability. I am trying to stay positive but it is always there in the back of my mind.
I have a great family and lovely friends who are trying to be as supportive as possible and I am holding up for my DDs sake but can easily be caught out by the sillyist of things and I end up an emotional wreck!
I know people will say anyone in this situation would be the same, mental illness or not but it does make things harder and scaryer because you know where you have been before, what it was like and how hard you had to fight to get yourself back again and I don't want to go there again, I can't!!

I am so sorry this post is soooo long and if you have got this far with reading it then thanks.
Kaloui xx
Kaloui

Re: PND to Seperation to Homeless

Postby Alzice » Thu May 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi Kaloui, welcome!

Well firstly I'd like to say that while it sounds like you've had a tough time of it, you've clearly got considerable reserves of inner strength that have allowed you to pull through time and time again, so you should be proud of that and take comfort from it through all the stuff that's happening to you now.

It sounds like a seriously stressful and upsetting situation you're in (by the way, can I just clarify, is DD daughter?). I don't blame you for worrying about where you'll end up, but I think that there's so many things right in the present moment demanding your attention that worrying too much about the future could be the final straw that breaks your back. Obviously everyone worries about the future so this is difficult, but I don't know if you've heard of mindfulness? It's a technique that helps with that kind of thing by helping you stay in the present moment. Mental illness definitely makes everything a lot scarier and I'm sure you'll find plenty of support for that part of things on here.

I'm glad to hear you have supportive family and friends to help you
Axx
Alzice

Re: PND to Seperation to Homeless

Postby annie1 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 am

Hi,

I'm so sorry things are so hard for you, you are an amazing woman to be fighting through so many things, I would not be able to cope.

Have you tried contacting local housing support places? Here in Liverpool we have a great service called Whitechapel and they help people with getting accomodation and they offer support too, they helped me out in the past. Maybe you could go to the CAB and ask them for help with this.

I hope it gets better soon

hugs

Annie

xoxo
annie1

Return to Newbies Room