Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

New here, not coping..think im sposed to write TRIG?

If you're new and want to say hello...
Aleshadxcherylc

Re: New here, not coping..think im sposed to write TRIG?

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:04 am

Hi kk
Well done on your first post I know that is tough to do welcome to the foroum sorry to hear your struggling. Well done on getting all your thoughts and feelings out on here sounds as you have been through a lot you poor thing.
I'm shocked and appalled how the doctors have treated you is this your original gp or ones you've just seen once i think you really need to get across that not just medication is going to help you you need more intensive Outside support like a taking therapy or some kind of therapy.
So I would suggest going to see your gp or some other gp if you find it difficult to talk to them write it down to them please don't give up I completely understand the way you feel the rest of our nhs is brilliant but our mental health system needs sorting out as I'm like you at the moment crying out for help but no one is listening its so frustrating isn't it we are not asking for the world we are only asking for support and to get better. Therapy is tough but it will be worth it in the end it will help you to deal with your anxiety and how to deal with your thoughts and feelings
Please don't give up!
So sorry to hear you self harm please if you do get in despair you can ring or email the samritians or the sanneline the contact details are on this website they will be there to listen and support you as well as we will all be here also I know it's difficult but if you have the urge to harm try and distract yourself I know it's easier said then done been there watch your favourite tv program or listen to your favourite music anything to distract.
Im sorry to hear you thought of an overdose but so glad you didn't go through with it! Also remember these are thoughts and feeling its the depression talking not you!
I know what you mean about putting on an act I'm like that too but it can become increasingly difficult overtime which is why you would probal benefit from some therapy.
Please go back to a gp any gp prepare for the appointment write down bullet points of what you want in terms of support and help. You can do this is there anyone that can go to the appointment with you for moral support? You are severe enough you deserve help and I just can't believe like myself and you the way the system treats people with mh issues! Go back and see what they can offer you don't leave there until you are happy that you are getting some support hun x
Don't worry you have done the right thing and posted it in the right place you are not stupid you deserve help and support and I hope you get it soon
Sorry that my advise is not of much use and it probably wont help but just wanted to say to you please whatever you do don't ever give up getting the help!
Take care keep strong and keep talking
Katie
Xx
And the tears come streaming down your face,when you lose something you cant replace
Till now, I always got by on my own, I never really cared until I met you
No-one ever comes close to you

Avalon

Postby Avalon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:22 am

Hello KK. Sorry you're struggling so much. Is there a different doctor in the practice you could see? Or maybe ask someone you know which doctor they'd recommend. Have you considered getting some private counselling? Or as you're 25 maybe some of the free counselling for young people that's available in some areas?
Anxiety and depression are terrible illnesses and can have catastrophic effects on peoples lives and i totally empathise with you. I hope you continue to post here and ask for support when you need it.

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:55 pm

I think you should go to the hospital and take you mum with you for moral support
The thing with councilling and therapy it takes time to find the right one for you I've been pushed from pillar to post for 3 years and I still haven't found the right one well i did find the right therapy right therapist just wrong timing !
please don't give up the right therapy will come along for you at some point! Also I find that counselling doesn't help me whereas therapy does counselling is just going in telling someone your struggles whereas therapy is more structured and you actually are feeling better and changing things. It takes a while to find the right therapist believe me but don't give up if you want to get better we have to just keep at it I know easier said than done to find the motivation but I know what you are going through.
Remember the helplines and this foroum is always here for you
Sorry my advice is rubbish not good at advising
Katie
Xx
Last edited by Aleshadxcherylc on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the tears come streaming down your face,when you lose something you cant replace
Till now, I always got by on my own, I never really cared until I met you
No-one ever comes close to you

Aisha85

Postby Aisha85 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi KK, hope ur ok today.

Welcome to the forum. Haven't got much helpful advice Im afraid but the sound advise you have so far on here makes a lot of sense.

Big hugs x

Return to “Newbies Room”