Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

missing breakfast and dinner

For a cuppa - and a chat...

missing breakfast and dinner

Postby whathappened » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:54 am

I find myself missing breakfast and dinner often. I go to bed late and then when my son comes home from school find myself waking up properly and having tea after nothing all day. I have put some weight on not lost it anyone else with the same routine My psychiatrist says to go to bed at 10 and wake up earlier. Will give it a try and take my meds in the morning not at night.
whathappened

Re: missing breakfast and dinner

Postby kasskaa11 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:02 pm

yeah!!

i think my brain has stopped telling my tummy im hungry, one night last week it was seven oclock when i realised id had nothing all day.

need to write postits allover the kitchen for myself.

xoxoxo
kasskaa11

Re: missing breakfast and dinner

Postby wishbone » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Yes, it is important to have meals regularly. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is important, or to eat about every 4 1/2 hours.

When you miss meals your body goes into shutdown mode because it thinks it is famine. When you eat it will preserve in the form of fat on your body, so you may put on weight. Your metabolism slows down, so your body switches off it's hunger trigger, which then causes the body's normal triggers to not help anymore.

Better sleep patterns do help, because it help with routine and gets the body used knowing the routine.
wishbone

Return to The Kitchen