Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Anxiety about work

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
velvet

Anxiety about work

Postby velvet » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:59 pm

The last couple of days I have been feeling very low & anxious regarding work & my current situation. Due to reason of my doing, I have been living with family for the past months in a town that I don't really want to be in. I have been trying to sort my life out and part of this has been to find work. It has been a bit of a struggle for many reasons, not knowing what I want, my low confidence affecting my choice, not living where I want to and of course the current climate of the recession.

On Tuesday I had a breakthrough and Wednesday had an interview and got offered a job which I start on Monday. The job is a low paid job, manual work and in the town I am currently in. I thought that this was a start to sorting myself out but since then I have been feeling very low and anxious, I have been constantly thinking about it asking myself many questions:-

Have I done the right thing?
Should I be taking a job that is low paid just to get by?
Is it right to take a job when you know you will want to find something better ASAP?
Is it the right direction to take?
Will I get stuck living with family in the town I don't want to live in?

I think I have these feelings because of my lack of confidence in work/career. I feel I should be doing well and I'm not, I seem to go from job to job with no success and constantly feel I am moving in the opposite direction that I wish too. I'm guessing all this uncertainty, with the desperation of having to take a low paid job that doesn't really appeal to me has made me feel this low?

sel

Re: Anxiety about work

Postby sel » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:48 pm

well, all i can say is, if the job feels right do it, on the other hand you wont know till you try it, but if you feel its not the right move dont to it , there is plenty of time to find a better job, one that you would enjoy and one you can say you enjoy, life is ment to be joyful, if its not fun dont do it, thats my motto, and although im not working, when i feel stronger i will look for something i could possibly enjoy, certainly dont want a job that could burn me out, think about it, all the best,sel,xxx

deadchick07

Re: Anxiety about work

Postby deadchick07 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:42 pm

it is always easier to get a better job when you are in a job, rather than not. try it, you will do no more harm doing a job for a short time them moving to a better one, than not going at all. If you leave before strting they invested money and time in hiring you for nothing, if you leave after a short time they will realise the conditions need improving to keep good staff.

win win situation.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

Return to “Rant Room”