Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Support Forum - live! (And testing)

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...

Support Forum - live! (And testing)

Postby ModeratingTeam » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Welcome to the new Support Forum and website!

As you may be aware, the Forum has been partly accessible since Friday. It was being tested during this time, and you may have received an error message if you were trying to post.

This matter has been addressed and you can now post. Testing will continue over the next few days, so you may encounter occasional problems. However, we hope that any glitches will be kept to a minimum and that you enjoy the new Forum. (Don't forget to read the guidelines and principles, which have been updated.)

Please let us know if you have any questions or encounter any problems whilst using the site in general, or the Forum in particular. You can contact us by PM, or e-mail us at: supportforum@sane.org.uk .

We look forward to seeing you all very soon!
Moderating Team
ModeratingTeam
Site Admin

Re: Support Forum - live! (And testing)

Postby Zanuti » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:08 am

Hi, just to let you know that I have posted twice and the posts are only going after 2-3 attempts when I click the submit button. Will this resolve itself after the testing has taken place over the next few days?

I'd be grateful for some advice, many thanks
Take care, Zan xx
Zanuti

Postby ModeratingTeam » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Hello

This issue should now be fixed but please let us know if you encounter any further difficulties.

Best wishes,
Moderating Team
ModeratingTeam
Site Admin

Postby judithj » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:38 pm

i find that the site won't let me stay logged in although i have a new laptop, so not sure which is causing the problem, hugs, Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."
judithj

Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby Steffster » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:11 am

similar problem.

i keep having to login when i go to post and it takes me right back to the start, so i have to then click through to the right room and then on the right thread. very irritating - it's putting me off using this forum.

thanks x
Steffster

Postby Steffster » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 pm

forum is less buggy now. and easier to use than it was.

my only other criticism is that it would be better to include more threads on 1 page as it is too easy to find your own thread moved onto subsequent pages soon after you have posted.

thanks xXx
Steffster

Postby Love » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi Mods,

I find the new forum a bit slow. I think having so many rooms is not such a great idea. You have to go in to so many rooms to see who is posting, and to see if you get a reply. I also forget which rooms I posted things in (I know you can look it up, but that is just more hassle). At times of need, we all need replies as quickly as possible, and I don't think the new set up helps that.

Couldn't we have one room, but have the option to choose a subject title, such as 'Newbie', 'Kitchen', 'Rant room' etc, but have them all appear on the same page? I really really think this would help posters to get a reply quicker after they post.

Sorry to dis the new site, but honestly I don't think it works so well.

Love xxx
Love

Postby noelips » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:20 am

i try my best
noelips

Postby princess emerald » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi, I'm new to all this, i've never used a forum before, i've no idea what i'm doing, am I doing this right? - is it kinda like msn??? - i've just been diagnosed today, and would like to know how to chat to folk???? is this it??? :? :? :?
princess emerald

Postby judithj » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:39 pm

no, it's not like MSN and there isn't a chat facility - you have to wait for people to respond to your posts. i suggest you look at the guidelines and read some posts to see how it works. Mutual Support is the best place to post, hugs, Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."
judithj

Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Next

Return to Safe Room