Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby judithj » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:38 pm

well done for coming to find help. it can't be easy starting at uni, being so far away from home, but you did it. so that's something to feel positive about.
the fact that you've asked for help rather than trying suicide again suggests that maybe some part of you does want to live.
have you tried keeping a diary? sometimes it's hard to get over to doctors just how difficult it is to cope with something, so keeping a diary can give them an idea of how much something affects you on a day-to-day basis, and may also help to show the doctor whether anything particular triggers certain feelings.
one thing i would advise you is to avoid alcohol - not easy at uni i know - but it is a depressant and can make you feel very low, hugs, Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby judithj » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Superman for Prime Minister!
sounds as though you need more people around to talk to and do things with. what sort of societies does your uni have? my son's a member of the Heavy Metal group, Philosophy one - maybe you can find some societies to join and meet people with similar interests so you feel less isolated, hugs, Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."

Return to “Mutual Support Group”