Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Confazzled

Mental illness recognises no boundaries...
auragrace

Confazzled

Postby auragrace » Tue May 16, 2017 2:18 pm

I am 33, Since I was 18 I was always sure I was gay, I even came out to family and friends. Now roll on a few years I started a new job and have developed a soft spot for a male colleaguge. Now I am confused as before the thought of being with a man made me feel physically sick.

I also only get butterflies when I am around females I like. God thought by now I would have this all worked out.

I really don't know what to do. I don't know if this is a friend attraction or a actual love attraction

rsxo

Re: Confazzled

Postby rsxo » Tue May 16, 2017 4:55 pm

auragrace wrote:I am 33, Since I was 18 I was always sure I was gay, I even came out to family and friends. Now roll on a few years I started a new job and have developed a soft spot for a male colleaguge. Now I am confused as before the thought of being with a man made me feel physically sick.

I also only get butterflies when I am around females I like. God thought by now I would have this all worked out.

I really don't know what to do. I don't know if this is a friend attraction or a actual love attraction

Hi auragrace,

Attraction (and sexuality) is one of those things that we can never be sure about. There are hundreds of labels you can use, but they don't categorise the feelings properly. You don't have to know your orientation really - just love who you love, and that's all that matters in that sense!

If you're actively looking for a partner, then it may be useful to know the types of people that you like more. Once again, this isn't set in stone - attraction can change from person to person, so don't let it restrict your interests!

The reality is that many of us don't know who we like exactly, but that's okay!

Much love <3
RSxo <3

auragrace

Postby auragrace » Tue May 16, 2017 5:39 pm

My biggest celeb crushes are the likes of Sue Perkins and Susan Calman and Heather peace. But not into girly girls, I like them boyish and maybe alternative.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Wed May 17, 2017 3:57 pm

auragrace wrote:My biggest celeb crushes are the likes of Sue Perkins and Susan Calman and Heather peace. But not into girly girls, I like them boyish and maybe alternative.

So you've identified a couple of things you look for. Maybe that's how you filter who you go out with, but by all means don't be afraid to explore the wonderful diversity of people out there :)

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Diversity Room”