Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

HELP ME!!! I can’t do this anymore!

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
rockinghorse

HELP ME!!! I can’t do this anymore!

Postby rockinghorse » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:35 pm

I just worry about everything all the time my brain won’t stop! I feel worthless, stupid, lazy and scared! There’s no reason for it! I have a great life! Yet I wake up in the morning wishing I hadn’t. I wish away the day so that I can go to sleep and have perhaps some respite from these awful feelings!

afl

Re: HELP ME!!! I can’t do this anymore!

Postby afl » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:34 am

Sleep is also something I look forward to often.

What is your situation like - work, kids, wife?
And why are you lazy, and why are you scared?

rockinghorse

Postby rockinghorse » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:56 am

I don’t know why I’m scared, I just worry that I’m a nuisance or in the way. I lodge in a lovely house and have the most kind hearted landlord who let me get a dog, his girlfriend is also really lovely. I live in a lovely area, I like my job. I just worry that I am in the way or I’m too boring and in the house too much. I live in a permanent state of anxiety and it’s getting too much.

christabel

Postby christabel » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi

Have you always been anxious or has this just happened.

Are you taking medication for it or have you tried other things like getting outside walking or exercise. Eating properly helps and doing a craft or listening to music.

Try to stop the negative thoughts from starting. Does tend to escalate if you let them in. Divert your mind and yourself if you can.
Take care. Chris

rockinghorse

Postby rockinghorse » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 pm

I’ve always been an anxious person about almost everything. I think of all the things that could go wrong and I think they are happening or will happen. I just always feel that every one hates me.

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:26 pm

I am pretty sure that others don't hate you. If you don't go round doing horrible things, which I don't think you do, I can't see why people would hate you.

Anxiety and depression does awful things to our thinking. If I am feeling particularly bad I try to do or say something nice to someone else. It can have a knock on effect and you receive it back.

Anxiety is horrible. Have you any help like therapy? One thing I have learnt over the years is worrying does no good at all. Nothing is helped by worry. It does not solve anything.

I know how debilitating anxiety can be. Be kind to yourself. It isn't your fault you feel that way. Give yourself some credit.
Take care. Chris

Return to “Safe Room”