Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Snarling dog back for New Year

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
pauley

Snarling dog back for New Year

Postby pauley » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:29 am

Subject says it all. Black dog back in my face, everywhere I turn. I cant fight it anymore, too tired. I thought it had gone, but was just waiting in the shadows until I felt "fragile", then it came at me snarling and salivating. It is so hard to try to keep going, all I want to do is sleep and not wake up.

betterinrecovery

Re: Snarling dog back for New Year

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:37 pm

Dear Pauley, I am sorry that you are having a 'stand off' with the Black Dog. I am having a similar experience just now.
Perhaps you have read the book 'I had a black dog, his name was depression' - it is on YouTube and I got a copy from Amazon.
the best thing is to rest and to let it growl and snarl and wear itself out, if you know what I mean.

If you have the energy, maybe make yourself a milky drink. Settle down and say to yourself 'I am poorly, it is the depression, I need to rest and I will feel better with time'.

That is what I am going to do.

Best Wishes
B
'

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi there!
Just wondering how you are getting on.
B

pauley

Postby pauley » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi
Difficult time, my life feel fractured and I know I need to make some decisions, but i cannot trust my judgement when the depression has me in its grip. I also always struggle at this time of year, (see previous posts for reasons).
Hopefully, things will improve when I go back to work next Monday. We have had a longer than usual Christmas closure, this term is starting a few days later than the last few years. Work does seem to help me focus my mind, and I have some plans for the next few days, sorting and boarding the loft out, and decorating.
Still swimming nearly every day, built up to about 1 km per session in the pool, i think it has saved me (so far) from sinking into an even darker place. Downside is my waist is now what it was when i was 20, 31 years ago, and none of my trousers fit me! Even had to punch holes into my belts!
I hope you all have a peaceful new year, thank you all for being here. Mutual support helps, more than some of you may know.
Best wishes
Paul

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:53 pm

Thank you.
Wishing you good mental health in this new year. I was just wondering how you might be getting on.
yes, working can make a difference, just seeing people and having the distraction of work.
I went to work (zero hour contract) it was horrible, I am shattered, but mood-wise I do feel much better.
I do envy the swimming. I can probably just do a length and a bit.
Re: trousers (this is a joke), how about the elasticated till you get to see a tailor?
Very Best Wishes
B

maisi

Postby maisi » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi Pauley,

Brilliant that you've stuck with the swimming, and are feeling trim- silver lining at least. A similar thing happened for me, but I'm feeling crap for not going swimming for 2-3 weeks (too busy, then a nasty cough). I hope next week does help. You got through the worst bit I think/hope.

Maisi

Return to “Safe Room”