Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Disabled and trapped alone in my house

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
leftfordeath

Disabled and trapped alone in my house

Postby leftfordeath » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:23 am

As well as anxiety and depression, I have a mobility problem. I haven’t slept in 3 days, I live alone on a ground floor flat with a parking space just outside my front door. This is a tiny block of flats at the top of a hill. I’ve been trapped at home for 4 days as a Courier left his car on my space, I came back home and waited inside my car for 1h, but had no choice that to park elsewhere and take a taxi to my front door...I hardly have money for food, definitely not for taxis...I waited home all day thinking someone will come to remove their car...no one did...yesterday I called 101 to ask for help...the Police said this is a civil matter because it’s private property, the car has to park there for a year before they do anything...I have been unable to go out as I depend on my car to move, my anxiety levels are through the roof, I can’t stop crying. I have no choice but to spend Xmas alone in my flat. I can’t leave unless I take a taxi and I don’t have money for any taxi...no one is helping me, I thought the Police would do something but instead they’re really rude to me, and told me to stop bothering them and just stay in my Flat forever ‘if that’s what I want’...no I don’t want that but the other option is to kill myself... this will solve the park8ng problem, I hope this way I could leave my body and this tiny flat without the need of a car...I fo7nd myself planning different ways to kill myself...I’m so tired of everything... why would anyone park on a disabled parking space on a private car park? They have stolen my life...so so tired

betterinrecovery

Re: Disabled and trapped alone in my house

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:15 pm

Dear Forum member,
I hope that you have been able to get some sleep since you left your post. After not having a good night of sleep for several days I hope you have had some deep, good quality sleep.

Would leaving a note for the courier, telling him/her how their thoughtless actions have impacted on you help at all?
If it would be too exhausting to write it all out maybe just print out some of what you have written on the Forum?

I think you will always remember this Christmas for the silly mistake of another person, but I hope you have the means to make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and enough to make a simple meal like a sandwich or some such.

I hear that you are thinking of making plans to harm yourself, I want you to perhaps make a plan to keep yourself safe.
Christmas is just one day. We know it is a day we have set aside, but not all the people in the World celebrate it today.

Perhaps in a few days you could take yourself out and see people. I know you will have to work a way round to getting to your car and getting some finances.
Maybe, just go to ground for this one or two days and then get on with things in the lead up to the new year, easier said than done, I know,
wishing you hope

B

Return to “Safe Room”