Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Addicted to self-harm

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
cannot-

Addicted to self-harm

Postby cannot- » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:12 pm

I'm addicted to self-harm and it's getting to the point where nothing ever feels enough to satisfy the craving. It's gradually got worse over many years and now I just feel I won't ever be satisfied until I finally take the step to end my life. I'm just one trigger away.
I need to find a way to feed the need, something that feels worse than it is, without putting as much risk on myself.

betterinrecovery

Re: Addicted to self-harm

Postby betterinrecovery » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:25 am

Hi there,
an Idea :idea:
I understand that some surgeries, have places where if people feel the need to cut, then they can cut safely.

Personally, I would try to devise a 'keeping yourself safe plan', so that if you do feel the need to hurt yourself you can tell a supportive, non-judgemental person, perhaps a worker at your local MIND chapter will be able to help. some MIND chapters receive special additional funding to support people affected by self harm.
Hoping that you can find the support that you need and maybe later some talking therapy if you are open to that.
I had a very, very dear friend who has this kind of challenge, so I am not shocked.

Very best wishes
B

Return to “Safe Room”