Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I’ve nowhere to go!!!!

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
rockinghorse

I’ve nowhere to go!!!!

Postby rockinghorse » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:35 pm

I feel awful! I’m so worthless and stupid and I hate myself so much! I am a waste of space! Even when I try my very best at something,anything, it’s just mediocre at best. Why can’t I be good at something? I feel so bad about myself it hurts. I have a good life. I am a lodger in a house with the most kind hearted landlord who I get on really well with. I have the most amazing Labrador puppy whom I love more than anything/ anyone. However I still feel awful, I don’t deserve these things, I’m constantly afraid that my dog will be taken away from me either physically or by her not liking me and liking someone else better. I’m always paranoid that my landlord wants me to leave because I’m boring and stupid. It feels like I know my whole world will fall apart because I am so awful!

christabel

Re: I’ve nowhere to go!!!!

Postby christabel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:52 am

Hi rockinghorse

Can I ask are you on any medication for depression because it does sound that it might need adjusting if you are.

I felt as bad as you a while ago and once I had my medication sorted I was a different person.

I would give your GP a visit and if you feel you can't explain it while you are there write it down to hand over to them.
I am not particularly good at anything but I do know I have good traits.
Take care. Chris

rockinghorse

Postby rockinghorse » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:35 am

Hi Christabel,

I have recently seen my GP on a few occasions I’m changing from Fluoxetine to Sertraline. Currently in 50mg/ day of Sertraline. Feel awful but have to pretend that I’m fine because I live with other people and it’s not their problem. It’s exhausting, I just cry in my room at night.

goodtotalk

Postby goodtotalk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 pm

Sorry to hear your feeling bad.

Does walking the pup help, exercise and concentrating on training your pup may help you focus your mind on other things. Hope your feeling a bit better now :-)

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:02 am

Make that puppy your centre of attention

Get serious on the food you do and do not eat - and ditto drinks -- get off the caffeine

Take the puppy out - you will meet people

Do you work and if so what do you do
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

rockinghorse

Postby rockinghorse » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:05 pm

I do work, I am a laboratory assistant in an NHS laboratory. I work about 32.5 hrs a week. I cut down my hours to spend more time with my dog. I like my job a lot but it’s very high pressure, usual NHS lack of money and staff.

Return to “Safe Room”