Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Lonely and struggling to cope.

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
flookie

Lonely and struggling to cope.

Postby flookie » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi.
Writing this as I don’t know what else to do. I’m really depressed and so angry and have no one to turn to and no longer have the energy to keep fighting. I would just like to have someone in my corner that I know cares or even sees how much pain I’m in.

upwards-is-the-aim

Re: Lonely and struggling to cope.

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Well it is not quite the same but start to use this forum as your corner

So start by telling us why you are depressed and what you are angry about

And then we can start to try to help you
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

flookie

Postby flookie » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:30 pm

There are many things but at the moment the top of my list I think is how lonely and excluded I feel and not being happy where I live. I’m angry at my family for not caring and angry at myself for letting them hurt me. Also very frustrated because I have fibromyalgia so just doing this is hard as I struggle to find words and memory bad. I just want to run away or worse. I am just finding it really difficult to pretend I’m ok anymore. I have anxiety so it’s not as easy as just going out and meeting people so I feel trapped.

christabel

Postby christabel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:42 am

Hi flookie

Sorry to hear you are struggling. It does wear you out and I know the feeling of having no fight left in you.

Things can and I sure will get better so don't give up. Be kind to yourself first of all. It is ok to feel that way. Other people can't always understand how we are so I would give them the benefit of the doubt unless you know for a fact they are being nasty and hurtful. Don't bother with people like that.

I don't know if you see a cpn or anyone that could point you to a group or something that others with your health problems go to.
Just a suggestion.
Do you find medication helpful? Hope you get some ease soon.
Take care. Chris

flookie

Postby flookie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:05 am

Unfortunately medication doesn’t work and for some reason where I live they only want to help if you have alcohol or drug issues. I went to see someone and all they did was keep asking how much I drink then basically said they couldn’t help even though I was in bits so just made me worse and I can’t afford to go private but am still looking.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:59 am

flookie wrote:There are many things but at the moment the top of my list I think is how lonely and excluded I feel and not being happy where I live. I’m angry at my family for not caring and angry at myself for letting them hurt me. Also very frustrated because I have fibromyalgia so just doing this is hard as I struggle to find words and memory bad. I just want to run away or worse. I am just finding it really difficult to pretend I’m ok anymore. I have anxiety so it’s not as easy as just going out and meeting people so I feel trapped.

Well forums can be a way of "meeting" people

There might be some small groups you can join locally that will add to your life but not be a struggle socially
The internet is your friend on finding something

If you could move where would you move to
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

Return to “Safe Room”