Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

The snarling black dog

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
sirhugo

Re: The snarling black dog

Postby sirhugo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:42 pm

oh yeah absolutely. most of the stuff that seems to have led to my depression started from my teens and ending mostly in my 20s. im 38 now

I only figured out all the causes of my depression during some fairly intense CBT sessions recently. its so much easier to manage depression when your aware of what triggers it

I don't have any suggestions of how to deal with the guilt. you could be told a million times its not your fault, but believing it is a different matter. you would need to find some kind of closure. easier said that done

pauley

Postby pauley » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:00 pm

I think I need closure on a number of issues, this one maybe one I cannot get it from. I will keep going because that is what we do. That is sometimes all we have left!
Best wishes all, you are all very kind.
P

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:42 am

I think you can, sometime, and I don't say that lightly.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 am

Closure eh

I am looking for buckets of it in different areas - some people seem to be just able to move on and job done

They dont look for closure they are just living their lives

Like what I used to do
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

Return to “Safe Room”