Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Fucking Trash

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
betterinrecovery

Re: Fucking Trash

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:47 am

Dear Wheezy,
I am back here like I said I would be.
You may have read my post above.
I know what happens when we disclose personal stuff, especially when we are desperate, it can make us feel even more vulnerable.
Then here we are on an open forum -tough eh?

So, have been reading up and trying to digest information.

First I googled 'Children and Young People in need of mental health support'

first stop:
The Children's Society
What they say about them selves:

We see the most vulnerable children and young people in our services being put in danger as they are forced to wait for help to cope with their trauma. Find out how we help children and young people.

the site address: www.childrenssociety.org.uk/what-we-do/ ... tal-health

Perhaps a good place to start:
www.childrenssociety.org.uk/mental-heal ... ung-people

I found the pages easy to read and the pages for younger people seem digestible too

can I suggest that you have a look.

PLEASE also go along to your GP and tell him/her what is going on for you. They CAN NOT ignore you, they have a duty to look after you.

B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:18 am

Dear Wheezy,
yes have to be here again to check and see how you are doing.

I have been on the NHS web site and looked and young peoples mental health and there are some good directions there,
There is a recommendation for Child Line.
I think, if you have not done so yet it might be a good idea to give them a try..just to talk out how you are feeling and to get supported and reassured.
https://www.childline.org.uk/
a very person-friendly web-site.

More than likely you have visited this site already.
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:29 am

Dear Wheezy (Louise),
I guess, by now you get the idea, I intend to post here until the end of the week.
I hope you are feeling more like doing stuff and maybe trying to make connections with new people.
I also hope you are feeling a little more secure than when you first posted here.

Your post has made me think of my life and the people in it and how secure I feel, so thank you.

Best wishes
B

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Good on you better but wheezy has not been active on this forum since - Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:45 pm

(You can find this out from their profile)
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:44 am

Upwards, you are quite right. Wheezy has not been active.

But I am going on the premise that she might still come here as an un- registered user of the Forum.
I still want her to know she is cared about, and that she has intrinsic value.
That she can build her self up and with help become a self confident. healthy person.

I think that the lucky person in society has a family and friends that root for them and have their back, particularly when the person is going through rough patch, when the going gets tough.

So, Upwards, I write here, just in case Wheezy reads it, and just in case it might help her.
Best wishes
B

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:44 pm

Nice one
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:58 am

Dear Wheezy,

I hope you are doing a bit better that at the top of the tread. I hope you have been able to go to your GP and ask for help. I hope you are feeling that you are in a more secure safe place in your mind. :)

I was very sad to see on the TV news yesterday, that more and more young women are feeling really unwell in the mental health area and are asking for help.

If I ruled the world :lol: I would give every young man and woman a special person who they could confide in and who would not judge them but would genuinely try to help them.

I do not rule the world, but I do know this, that there are good and supportive people who can support you in regaining the happiness, balance and enthusiasm that all young people have a right to.

Please ring child line, please check out the children society web site. Maybe ring the Samaritans if you need to.
If you go to college ask to see the student care counsellors.

There are groups appropriate for your age group that you can join for free or a minimal fee - sports groups, gardening groups, voluntary groups.
My dear, I do hope you find an place of safety, I do hope you find people to support you and help you find the Happy Hopeful bit of you.

With Best Wishes
B

ryecroft13

Postby ryecroft13 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:12 pm

So, while I am sure that some of the people who know you would hurt terribly if you weren't around, just perhaps your life isn't about them and their thoughts?
Maybe it is about you and your journey? You are valuable. You have talents and depths that are untapped yet. Maybe the person who needs you most hasn't met you yet? Perhaps its not even a person but an animal, a life event or a work place? Perhaps you will be the person who sees someone set off across a road with a car coming and you yell and stop them safely, before the worst happens. Maybe you will pick an injured animal from a gutter, save their life and return it to frantic owners or needy offspring. Maybe you will make somebody smile who is in the depths of despair, like this, one day?

It might be the smallest thing that you do in life, you may not even see the amazing impact it has on others, but I can assure you that you are needed in this world, you have purpose and place. You would be missed.

Something I am working on which I find helps me to find a value in myself, is sometimes really hard to get the courage to do, but always gives me a boost, is to give a compliment to a complete stranger (usually women 'cos I'm a woman and they don't get the wrong idea). I will see someone with bright rainbow hair and tell them "It's wonderful - so cheerful." or a rather large lady who is sporting an unusual but fabulous dress "You look fabulous in that dress," a cashier who has had to deal with a large queue in front of me and apologises for it, "It's been chaos, I've been admiring how calm and efficient you are." I have always had a positive reaction and I leave some of them with huge grins on their faces and I think, "I did that! I made a stranger smile! I do have value." It's a small impact but I made somebody happy and it boosts my fragile self-worth. If you feel brave enough one day, maybe give it a try?

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Dear Ryecroft13,
Hi there!
I came to check out Wheezy and then I saw your post.

I am heading out for a challenging day of work, I am not looking forward to it and what I have to do has a lowering effect on my self esteem. I think I will be on the 'shop floor' for up to 7 hours and I probably will have to go without a break.
So, after reading your post, I am going to try a different mental attitude.
I am going to give of my time and my skills and energy and I hope to make people's lives better and yes I hope to get paid but that will be a bonus.
Thanks again Ryecroft13! :)

B

Return to “Safe Room”