Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

So empty

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
kat35

So empty

Postby kat35 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:50 pm

I'm a carer to my husband, I look after our 4 year old daughter, and I work full time. I'm constantly exhausted and never feel I can given anyone the attention they need or deserve. I'm stretched though thin that I feel like I'm disappearing. I'm not the person I used to be and I feel so lost and so alone, despite being surrounded by people. Sometimes I hate myself for it all

cookiemonster

Re: So empty

Postby cookiemonster » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Maybe search for a carer support service or respite to enable you to have a break now and again

rsxo

Re: So empty

Postby rsxo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi kat35,

Sorry to hear that - being a carer is a really tough job, especially alongside childcare and a full-time job - that's essentially 2.5 or 3 full-time jobs at once, no wonder you're so exhausted! But I understand it's difficult to defer any of those without paying a lot of money. The best I can advise is looking for a carer support group or service, as cookiemonster suggested, to help you through this. Of course, here in case you ever need to chat. You're doing amazingly well by managing to do this - you're so much stronger than you think you are!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Safe Room”