Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Help

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
gibbo123

Help

Postby gibbo123 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi

I came across this website and thought I would give it a go.
I have been feeling very down and depressed the past few weeks. My main problem is social anxiety you wouldn't think that it's true especially if I told you that I work as a paramedic.

In my work environment it seems that I put on my uniform and get on with my job to the best of my abilitys. I could quite happily walk into a room full of people and deal with a patient's needs.

Put me outside of uniform and I turn into a different person.
I would love to join a sporting group such as run group but my social.anxiety is stopping me. The thought of turning up by myself and having to communicate with strangers totally cripples me. This has meant that i mostly spend my rest days by myself.
I have friends but they live halfway around the country.
Family are 2 hours drive away but I always feel that I compare myself to my siblings. I noticed it last night when my brother got engaged - I look at him and how he is so social going away with friends etc.

All of this has made me down depressed and in a bad place at the moment

I would love to know that I am not the only one who struggles with social anxiety and would welcome any ideas as to where to go and turn.

Sarah

cookiemonster

Re: Help

Postby cookiemonster » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:29 am

Replied on other page

tilly

Re: Help

Postby tilly » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi just read through you blog I'm a nurse and I feel like that when I put my uniform on I can be confident but without it I struggle with normal socializing it's like being two different people...so I can relate to that as for ideas I'm trying to find that out myself but struggling with Bipolar as well...I have previously done yoga which isn't too much interaction to start with or another class as lots of people go on their own.Sorry not much help but if you want to chat in General Tilly

Return to “Safe Room”