Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

So depressed

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
kitten111

So depressed

Postby kitten111 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:42 pm

I’m really feeling at the end of my tether . I’m 28, live at home. I’m being bullied in my current job and I also hate it . I got involved with someone at work who emotionally abused me , but I feel hurt and rejected . I’ve got depression and anxiety , but I’ve never had any support from my parents . My dad mocks me . I had dreams when I was a little girl of a good life , but I’ve been plagued by misery and hurt . I try so hard to make my life better but happiness evades me .

sevy

Re: So depressed

Postby sevy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi Kitten
Life can be shitty at times. You are not alone in feeling shit. There are many of us out there.
I can relate to some of your issues you are facing now.
My thinking is that you have a choice in your reactions and you can stand up for yourself - they are treating you bad and as you say - bully - because you let them. and because you are an easy target. Because you believe maybe on some subconscious or conscious level that you deserve it. But you don't. You will see that if you stand up for yourself once - then twice - or say NO to something you feel strongly about - it will become easier. You have got right to lead a happy life. You deserve it. Free of being mistreated - emotionally or otherwise. You maybe are people pleaser because you crave acceptance and need sense of belonging. Maybe you didn't receive enough unconditional love from your parents like me - when you were growing up or otherwise.
Keep going. see what happens tomorrow - and try to chose to change the situation if you really want it to change. It's just my thoughts.
Sending you positive energy
best wishes
xxx

rsxo

Re: So depressed

Postby rsxo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi kitten111,

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. Ideally, I think you could use a reset button. At the moment, your job, home environment and parents are all having a bad effect on your esteem, but things can change. You, can change it!

For your job, try and look for some resolution. There should be support available to address bullying (which is illegal) at the firm, so look to see if they can sort this out. If this doesn't work, then look for another job - there are more vacancies than applicants in this current market, so there will opportunities for you!

For your home and parents, the first thing you should try to do is talk to your parents. Let them know how they're making you feel - it's not an easy conversation to have, but one that can potentially change the dynamics of a relationship. If that doesn't work though, it might be worth considering other accommodation options - rented accommodation, AirBnb, or purchasing your own place with a mortgage. Having negative people will always bring you down, and especially with mental illness, that can hold us backx

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Safe Room”