Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

*trig* Hearing disturbing voices

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
cvm479

*trig* Hearing disturbing voices

Postby cvm479 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:43 pm

I’m sorry for bothering you, but I’m scared to tell anyone that one of the voices I hear is telling me to kill myself or hurt myself as much as I can in some way or another because he didn’t finish the job when he wanted me to die. I’m trying to drown the voices out, but I can’t. I’m seeing the man in the TV, if I look outside, he’s watching us and listening to my partner and I. He’ll be reading this too telling me that I shouldn’t be reaching out, but I’m so afraid and don’t know what I’ll do. I can’t tell my partner or care coordinator any of this as I’m worried what they’ll do. Thank you in advance.

mihaela

Re: *trig* Hearing disturbing voices

Postby mihaela » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:28 pm

So sorry to hear all this :(
You MUST get yourself referred to mental health services and the sooner the better. If possible takea friend or relative with you. My cousin had the same problems as you when she was about 18, and thingsquickly got really bad. Eventually she sought help and has been taking medication for many years now without a single relapse.
Good luck! x

cvm479

Postby cvm479 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Thank you Mihaela. I’m under the mental health services for PTSD. I’m having EMDR for it, buts made the hallucinations and voices so much worse. It’s just a constant noise. Thank you again.

cvm479

Postby cvm479 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:27 pm

How shall I ask for help? I don’t know how to let anyone in without sounding like I’m losing it completely. My medication doesn’t seem to work despite the changes they keep making. What happened to your cousin when she sought help?

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:35 am

Are you already under a MH team? It sounds as if you are, but if not you need to be referred by your GP. What medication have they given you?

My cousin gradually got worse because the right things weren't being done, and er religious parents delayed getting her help. She heard voices too, behaved oddly, and imagined she was being watched. It reached a crisis before she got proper help, and by then she was getting violent and aggressive - not like her at all. She was taken to a MH unit and stayed there for about 3 months and I visited her there, but her parents didn't. Once she'd got the right medication everything was fine. She has an injection every month, and lives an untroubled quiet life with her much older partner who also has MH problems. They each support one another. It all workedout well for her, and it will do for you too. x

cvm479

Postby cvm479 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:09 pm

I’m just scared, that’s all.

joannejaxon

Postby joannejaxon » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 am

Hi I'm new on here, suffered mental health all my life so I've been in and out of mental health places trying get help, I know what the noises are about I get them to you are keeping ur mind full of noise u r trying to help ur self cope with all ur mental crap so u r keeping ur mind busy and noisey to try and help ur self block some of the other thoughts out I know cause I'm the same so I asked in psychology

sky47

Postby sky47 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Hey, sometimes emdr can bring stuff up too quick and it destabilises you. You may have quite a lot of stuff that was safely tucked away for the time being which has got unsettled, or parts of you that don't want you getting help because they are scared what might happen to you. You do need to tell someone about the voice though. Don't be scared, people are there to help. X

Return to “Safe Room”