Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Cant be alone

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
bexylouise

Cant be alone

Postby bexylouise » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:41 pm

Ive very recenly broke up with my partner who also suffers from depression and im struggling. Ive been told by a doctor at the hospital that my depression has probably been there a lot longer than before i got a diagnosis. With stress of university and the break up i cannot be alone cos when i am i cry and think myself into oblivion but im also struggling to get out of bed. I also dont want to burden people who i want to be around. Plus i also feel i have to try and do it on myself

julier

Re: Cant be alone

Postby julier » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 pm

I think you are very brave. You go to uni and moved on from a relationship that was damaging to both of you.
I don’t like being on my own much but sometimes space is very good for you.
X

bexylouise

Postby bexylouise » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:14 am

Thank you and since ive gone on another downwards period whenever im alone i just cry and get into a negative mindset that i really struggle to get out of without doing something silly. I used to like being on my own and keeping myself to myself but now i wonder if me doing that has helped caused the issues i now have x

julier

Postby julier » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 am

I’m crying right now as I’ve had an anxiety attack and I want to go down to my husband but I know what his reaction would be. Don’t know if I should brave it or stay put on my own shaking! X

bexylouise

Postby bexylouise » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:26 am

You should brave it. I can only imagine what youre going through especially with it being your husband x

julier

Postby julier » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:10 am

I did brave it and was told to pull myself together and get on with it. He said he couldn’t stand to go through it all again with me. Thank goodness for this forum. X

bexylouise

Postby bexylouise » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:40 am

Aw no thats the worst. I had that with my previous partner. People on the forum will always try and support when they can. Maybe in regards to your husband try writing down how you feel when he does this and give it to him or leave it for him to find he may find it harder to ignore if you spent the time writing it down or find a way to express it x

julier

Postby julier » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 am

I’ve done exactly that, written him a short letter about what I’m going through and how much I need his support right now. My 12 year old son is being amazing. Lots of hugs and telling me not to worry. That made me cry even harder!
Thanks for your help my darling. X

bexylouise

Postby bexylouise » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 am

Anytime. Its going to be hard for both of you but in times of need your husband should be there even if its difficult. Its nice that you have a supportive son but i understand in times like this youre going to want your husband to be there. Sadly if the person doesnt experience the issue themselves ive found that it makes them harder to understand what to do and how they can help so they try shut it out and act like it isnt happening. It isnt your fault x

julier

Postby julier » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:41 am

Thank for the reply, I’m just waiting to go to work and I’m a mess. Had 20 mins sleep last night and woke up in a massive anxiety attack which wouldn’t leave me. My husband did go through a short period of anxiety but he came out of it in a couple of weeks so he should know what it feels like. X

Return to “Safe Room”