Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Needing help with first day of sertraline

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
sumgirljess

Needing help with first day of sertraline

Postby sumgirljess » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:43 pm

Hey
I’ve been prescribed sertraline for my depression with some anxiety. I’ve lost my job and nearly my boyfriend whilst waiting to see a therapist so can’t risk looking anymore
Today was day one and I took 50mg around 10am. By 1pm I was feeling very sick, extremely dizzy and light headed, trembling/jittery body and pure tiredness. Is this normal? If so how long does it last?
I’m so worried, I’m meant to be going to London for the weekend for my birthday present and Ita the only thing I’ve had to look forward to for 6 months and now I’m so worried I can’t make it! Will I be ok to go? And if I do feel rough can I get through it while there?? Thank you

Cyprus

Re: Needing help with first day of sertraline

Postby Cyprus » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi how’s it going
Maybe speak to your gp differnrnt ad work differently with different people but it is early days x
Hope you are getting on better
Cyprus

personlessvoid

Re: Needing help with first day of sertraline

Postby personlessvoid » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:38 am

Hi sumgirljess,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Sertaline. I had the exact same experience 2 years ago and I stopped taking it after a month.
I would give yourself a month to adjust to the medication. Maybe try taking it with or just before food to settle your feelings of sickness.
Give yourself time to rest up while you're feeling rough.
It may be difficult during your trip to London, when is it?
Like you, I had something planned that I really looked forward to (this was 2 years ago when I had just started Sertaline) and I stopped taking it for that period of time...it was awful. Please don't do what I did and stop taking the medication abruptly.
I hope you feel better soon and I'm always here if you want to talk,
Sending hugs,
Georgia (personless void)
Personless Void

Fighting mental illness one step at a time!

Return to “Safe Room”