Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

feel like im going down hill

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
linlin

feel like im going down hill

Postby linlin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:20 am

hi i am really down at the moment as was told on wednednesday that my step dad has 1-2 years left as we found out that he had colon cancer before christmas and he saw the consultant wednesday to be told sorry we can do nothing im appasultly in bits and going from crying to being really snappy

btvshp

Re: feel like im going down hill

Postby btvshp » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:16 pm

Sorry to hear about your stepdad. Don't beat yourself up about how you're reacting. This is a horrible position to be in and there's no 'right' way to react. I completely understand feeling snappy. When I'm feeling depressed I find I can be the exact same to the people I'm closest to and then I feel really guilty for taking stuff out on them. It's not easy advice but try not to push the people you're closest to away. Explaining how you feel will really help them to understand and help them to help you. If you can, I'd also suggest some form of counselling or going to your GP and seeing what they suggest.

I hope you feel better very soon.

bexylouise

Postby bexylouise » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:06 pm

Im so sorry to hear that its completly understandable to not know how to act in situations like that as i experienced losing someone close to me through cancer. Its important you talk to someone and try spend time with the person so you dont regret not spending time. Id definitely try talk to a GP and see what they can do for you. I hope things get better for you.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi linlin,

I'm really sorry to hear the news about your stepfather. What you're feeling is the stages of grief, in that you are mentally preparing your mind to cope with the near future loss of your stepfather in your life. To cry, and feel snappy, are simply part of the process, so there's no shame at all in what you're feeling. Perhaps talking to someone (Samaritans, GP, counsellor, friend, family) would help you to organise your thoughts and express your feelingsx

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Safe Room”