Support Forum

SANE Support Forum


For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:49 am


Postby bexylouise » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:47 am

I'm currently at uni which is quite a struggle. ive recently moved out of my mums house to live with my boyfriend who also has some issues and I work in retail so this time of year is hectic.
since I have started uni and been in a relationship with my boyfriend I have started to notice my struggles a lot more as I used to just hide them and ignore them and hope they would go away. I have been constantly crying and have been very irritated easily at the moment. I'm not sure what to do. I have had thoughts about self harm and have done it previously. Ive also been having panic attacks I'm worried if I go to my doctors they either wont take me seriously or may give me tablets and Ive seen the effects they have had on others and it has put me off wanting to go to the doctors. I have had counselling previously and I did not find it very helpful. my relationships with everyone are going downhill rapidly as I struggle to find the motivation to get out bed.

Posts: 731
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Struggling

Postby amaya » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:50 pm

I just answered your other post. After reading this I really think you do need to go to the doctor. You don't have to take meds, this is optional. If you see a doctor that only wants to talk about meds and you choose not to.. see another doctor.. and another.. until you find one that will look at alternative options like a referral to a mental health service or some grief counselling or whatever fits.. If a GP won't take you seriously, see another one. Just stay focused on what you want and that you need help and you will find someone supportive. Some GPs are amazingly good.

Return to “Safe Room”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests