Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Struggles

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
cloquinn15

Struggles

Postby cloquinn15 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi there. I’m a 21 year old girl, I am suffering from severe depression and anxiety. I’ve never really used anything like this before so please bare with me. I’m just looking for a little bit of help and support. I’m really struggling at the minute and finding it really hard to come to terms with my life. I am making the first step in self-help here though which is huge for me. A little bit about me- well in 2014 September 23rd my father passed away suddenly in his sleep after suffering from alcoholism for around 7/8 years. I found it extremely difficult to come to terms with this however eventually I did and began moving forward with my life. Then last year in August 2016, my mother suddenly and very unexpectedly took I’ll and ended up in hospital, after a week of her being in and us not knowing what was wrong we found out she has cancer and they couldn’t help her. My mother after just shy of 1 week of diagnosis passed away in the hospital with me and my brother by her side. My mother was the most beautiful amazing generous woman that ever graced this earth, she truly was my hero. She stood by me and my brother when times got tough and always picked us and my dad up when the going got tough. She was heartbroken after my dad passed away and never truly recovered so in a way she went to be with him but it left me here in my own. After this my partner (EX NOW) at the time whom I had been with for 4 years started to be violent towards me. Nothing like kicking a girl when she’s down!! This then erupted on new year when I had to finally get the police involved. Luckily I’ve never looked back but that was just another thing to add to my troubles. Although I am now in a very happy relationship and my partner is great.. This year I also had to get my family dog put down he was 15, shortly afterwards I ended up in hospital myself after suffering with severe migraines and had to undergo many many tests including a lumberpuncture which has left me with many pains on a day to day basis. My life is in total turmoil right now and I see no point in continuing with it just to loose more people and continue to be let down. I cannot create emotional attachments to anyone and find it very hard to look forward to anything. I right now against Doctors and families wishes am totally refusing to take any medication at the minute as I do not want to dependent on them. This is however not panning out in my favour and sending me slightly over board. I really just joined and wrote this as an outlet because I feel right now I have nobody to speak to and feel better writing online. Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any tips on how I can try and cope that would be greatly appreciated

amaya

Re: Struggles

Postby amaya » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Welcome :)

Are they offering you any support besides meds?

cloquinn15

Postby cloquinn15 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 am

Hi, no they aren’t unfortunately

Cyprus

Postby Cyprus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 am

Hi welcome to the forum
Have you ever been to counscelling in my area you can refer yourself it’s called iapt your dr may be able to give you a number
You have been through a lot so my only advice would be take it day by day and take time to look after yourself there are people on here who are very supportive
Take care cyprus

Return to “Safe Room”