Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feel lost and numb

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
bensaemi

Feel lost and numb

Postby bensaemi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:56 am

I'm not even sure where to start, this is only my second post on here..

I'm at uni and 300 miles away from home and don't get me wrong it's beautiful here and I have a job and I attend uni - a high functioning depressive if you like.. My flat mates and course mates are lovely, I couldn't be luckier to be honest. But here I am, on my own feeling sad a low and just like all of this isn't worth it - I definitely don't deserve it..

I'm not suicidal but I'm just - in limbo if you like.

andthistoomustpass

Re: Feel lost and numb

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am

Hi and Welcome!

That's a terrible way to feel and many here will understand.

I've got to head off to work now but feel free to post more, it helps to get it out, I'm sure someone else will reply soon.

sirhugo

Re: Feel lost and numb

Postby sirhugo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:06 am

what you just described sounds like textbook depression to me. outwardly everything seems fine but inside you feel empty and hollow. and your rational mind cant find any explanation for it.

i was much the same. outwardly everything seemed fine. but inside i didnt see the point of anything. i wasnt getting any joy from anything. my partner, who im madly in love with and is a total angel, was suddenly irritating me beyond measure. in fact everything started to irritate me. i slowly started isolating myself because i didnt see any point to talking to people.

this went on for years. one day i read an article about depression. the person described there symptoms and it basically described my life. suddenly i had an explanation for how i felt.

since then ive been seeing counsellors and taking anti depressants. i still have bad days when i struggle to get out of bed, but things are starting to look up. im beginning to enjoy things again.

your not alone my friend. there are millions of us out there. dont suffer in silence. go to the doctor and tell them how you feel. things can get better

Return to “Safe Room”